FG Spreadshirt Swag

Volos books going down on the 17th

I own both the Volos and Mordenkainen books already so I will continue to have them in Fantasy Grounds but I am wondering why they would be removed for Monsters of the Multiverse? Is the VTT content for MotM identical to the content in the Volos books?

Moved to the 5e sub-forum as this is specific to D&D 5e.

More information on the change here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ontinued-books
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Short summary;
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    The products are not being removed. They are just being removed from sale. Anyone who owns the products prior to that date will continue to have access to them.

This FAQ was provided to us by our partners at Wizards of the Coast.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by kevdog45 View Post
    I own both the Volos and Mordenkainen books already so I will continue to have them in Fantasy Grounds but I am wondering why they would be removed for Monsters of the Multiverse? Is the VTT content for MotM identical to the content in the Volos books?
    Yes and no, all the mechanical content (and more) from volos guide and tome of foes is in monsters of the multiverse, although a lot of it has been updated.

Sadly none of the lore sections were carried over though. So if people want them going forwards it will be out of print books, discontinued digital versions or... well.

I am torn personally as to whether I should hold on to my physical vgtm and mtof atm, saving shelf space appeals to me.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Short summary;
    From a feedback perspective, I'd love to give you guys and unfortunately WotC money to buy Volo's and Mord's so I didn't have to recreate everything by hand in FG. Any chance of forwarding that feedback to WotC or better yet Hasbro? I'm fairly sure if a Hasbro exec found out that WotC are preventing customers from giving them money, the decision to pull those books would be reversed.

I just proted over her from D&D Beyond and those source books are missed quite a bit.

Unfortunately, it was a directive from the publisher to stop selling those books; as they are no longer selling in any capacity as far as we know. To my knowledge, those books were superceded by Mordenkainen Presents the Monsters of the Multiverse book.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information