DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Can I create a skill check effect on the action tab?

Is there a way (naturally or through an extension) to roll a skill check via the action tab?

we play with a heal skill and I would like to be able to add an effect button that rolls my healing skill including its modifiers.

I know I would love a way to do stealth and perception as well.

this is mainly me trying to stay on the action tab most of the time.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

No, but you can drag the skill rolls from the skills tab and set them on your quick bar.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    No, but you can drag the skill rolls from the skills tab and set them on your quick bar.
    Thanks, shame. I find the quick bar difficult due to using 2 monitors and 2 characters. I will have to try and make a standard quick bar setup. I would love to have a way to setup my most used skills within the action tab. my OCD is sad.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

So would something like this be possible to make in FGU? the D could be a Dice roll option similar to cast/heal/damage where is is a single click action not an effect.

Action Tab Dice rolls.png

I am considering try to learn to code for FGU but unsure where to start.

Anything (almost) is possible with an extension.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Certainly possible, and my next bigger project was about skill actions (and I have started a little bit) But right now I try to use my free time to finally prepare my campaign again (I didn't run any games since end of 2019) So, it can take a while until I will code again other than maintenance and other small things

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Certainly possible, and my next bigger project was about skill actions (and I have started a little bit) But right now I try to use my free time to finally prepare my campaign again (I didn't run any games since end of 2019) So, it can take a while until I will code again other than maintenance and other small things
    Well, I would be more than willing to gift you a few adventures / Campaign settings if that would free up time quicker. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    Well, I would be more than willing to gift you a few adventures / Campaign settings if that would free up time quicker. LOL
    Hehe, thanks But I went deep down the homebrew/custom world, for example I want to recreate Hollow Knight (the computer game) as a campaign

You seek advice on working with Pathfinder 1e on Fantasy Grounds and Poison Effects. Here are some tips that might be helpful for you:

Let me preface. I spent hours reading in these forums, seeking actionable advice, real-life examples, and ideas.
    I have taken what I learned and wanted to share. I was looking for a working solution to apply to my Pathfinder 1e campaign.
    I use some mods and extensions; some features mentioned here may incorporate some of that functionality. I tried to make this work without dependency on them. However, if you are using effects, I am sure you have mods and extensions already loaded.
    In my example, I have a Half-Elf (Half-Drow) Ranger who has learned how to use poisons and applies them to his crossbow bolts for effect.
    In this case, he attempts to harvest poisons in various ways requiring skill checks. Since the PC is already applying Poison effects in the Actions Tab, it seemed a likely place to add notes and a button to roll skill checks in the Actions Tab as well.
    I include a screenshot of my Fantasy Grounds Chat and PC Actions Tab the PC would have opened while attempting the process;

2023-05-28-Fantasy Grounds-Pathfinder-Harvesting-Poisons-Effects-Ability-Checks.png

1. Be careful with your character's exposure to poison. It can cause a lot of damage if you're not prepared.
    2. Keep an eye on your character's stats and health. Poison can harm both.
    3. Don't forget to use the right antidotes and remedies to counteract any poison effects. It's important to be prepared for any situation.
    4. If you're unsure about anything, don't hesitate to ask for help from other players or the GM. They can offer valuable advice and guidance.

I hope these tips help you out! Let me know if you need anything else.

Thread Information