DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Eye dropper in Beta Release v4.2.0 behaving oddly on a Mac

I noticed the eye dropper in the image paint mode was specifically mentioned as a feature in the beta. This does not appear to be working correctly on my MacBook Pro 16 (2019) which has an AMD Radeon Pro 5500M graphics chip and is running macOS 12.3.1. The sampled color under the eye dropper cursor appears to be a color from somewhere else on the screen. The sampled color does appear to be coming from some portion of the viewable screen, but it is definitely not directly under the cursor and does not appear to be an easily determined x/y offset. I tried creating some set checkerboard patterns to figure out what might be going wrong, but failed to make any useful predictions on how the eye dropper was sampling the wrong position.

This problem also occurs on my Mac using the current release version of Fantasy Grounds Unity (although it does appear to work fine on a Windows-based machine I also tested), but I thought I should mention the bug here since the eye dropper in paint mode is specifically called out in this beta.

Cheers,
    Brian

Just a quick followup - I did some more testing with some image patterns and it appears the image sampling for the eye dropper has the Y position inverted. So when I have the cursor at the very top of the screen, I am sampling a pixel color at the same X position, but the very bottom of the screen.

Cheers,
    Brian

Thanks for the report, and for helping with the beta. I've filed a ticket for @cpinder to review.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information