STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Relocate Dice

Relocate Dice

I am playing with two wide-screen monitors, one in the center and one on the left, and am stretching FGU (GM'ing PF2e) over both monitors during play. I can move things like the chat window, the dice tower, and the little modifiers window over to my center monitor by the menu bar. Is there any way to move the dice themselves so they sit under the chat window?

Not without an extension, at the moment. It is on our list of things to investigate and find a solution.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I looked around the forums a bit but was unable to locate one. Has someone made such a thing yet?

Not that I am aware of, sorry.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by Stargrove View Post
    I am playing with two wide-screen monitors, one in the center and one on the left, and am stretching FGU (GM'ing PF2e) over both monitors during play. I can move things like the chat window, the dice tower, and the little modifiers window over to my center monitor by the menu bar. Is there any way to move the dice themselves so they sit under the chat window?
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post253804

This extension works in Unity, but you have to edit the location by unzipping it (extensions are .zip files renamed to .ext)

The dice locations are in gamelements.xml

EDIT: I am testing this editing now to confirm it still works - the dice do appear in a different location with default settings.

Yes, it works, but I am just typing in random additions to the numbers in the extension.
    Screenshot_20220502_102651.png
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; May 2nd, 2022 at 10:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Yes, it works, but I am just typing in random additions to the numbers in the extension.
    Screenshot_20220502_102651.png
    does it change everyone's Dice location or can it be done by players and or DM individually?
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

This should change everyone's dice location as it is set by the ruleset and the extension overrides it.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

I would use it, but I don't want to change everyone's dice location, just mine. I may be able to sort out how using the info in that thread. But it will probably get wiped after each FGU update so it may not be worth it.

I just wanted to confirm for myself. So, I altered my local ruleset CoreRPG file (gameelements.xml) and it changes everyone's dice location just as superteddy57 said it would. I might be able to convince all my players to move their other desktop elements like the chat window and modifiers box though. So it may still be worth trying if we can all agree on the change. Thanks everyone for the help.

Thread Information