STAR TREK 2d20

New module identifier [LOB] ‘Light Objects’ to expand on [FGU] & [LoS]

I’m looking for my next adventure module for 5e to DM. Although most modules now have [LOS]. Not many modules have Light Object Layers defined. I have been told this might be related to the original WOTC modules not having lights defined. But as I have progressed through the DOTMM (Dungeon of the Mad Mage) adventure. I’ve been adding lights and other features like ambient light on some levels. Which are defined in the levels text.

I’m looking for my next adventure with all this work pre-generated and maybe even dressed with furniture objects etc.

It would be great if these modules were identified making them standout from others.

Does someone know if any adventures have this extra Value added content ?

Modules with added lights are listed in the second post here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ht-Definitions

IN addition any recent modules (i.e within the last year or so) that were released after lighting was added will also have lights.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hence I was hoping for a visible identifier on the Shop page like the original [LOS] identifier. Maybe [LOS+]

Quote Originally Posted by EllivasKram View Post
    I’m looking for my next adventure module for 5e to DM. Although most modules now have [LOS]. Not many modules have Light Object Layers defined. I have been told this might be related to the original WOTC modules not having lights defined. But as I have progressed through the DOTMM (Dungeon of the Mad Mage) adventure. I’ve been adding lights and other features like ambient light on some levels. Which are defined in the levels text.
    Dungeon of the Mad Mage is one of the best examples of content that was NOT originally designed with VTT in mind. The maps are too large despite being optimized for FGU. I usually just create some break-out battle maps for individual rooms or places (art sub holder) and link them to the main maps. Scrolling and zooming in and out of a large map is not fun while running a game.

I’m looking for my next adventure with all this work pre-generated and maybe even dressed with furniture objects etc.
    That will be hard to find unless you look at some third party content like from Kobold press, as they often include asset images baked into their adventure maps. The other side to this is that if someone is NOT an art subscription or pack holder, the assets from the FG Maptools will not show or work.

It would be great if these modules were identified making them stand out from others.
    I agree, but it is probably not as useful to have this because it does not tell you anything other than someone has attempted to add lighting, which may or may not be to another's liking.

Does someone know if any adventures have this extra Value added content ?
    This would be difficult to know what is wanted or what is to be used? How would anyone know what to add or leave out? Also, this would add to the lead time and queue time for the module development. Extra value assumes the creator can read your mind or have the right amount or assets and lighting on a given map. it's a big guess and hope essentially.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Ok. Well it would be good to know easily what modules have the builtin features of lights and ambient lighting added.

Dungeon dressing is I agree something the main artwork either has or doesn’t have.

Kobold Press's Scarlet Citadel may interest you: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...id=KPFGSCCIT5E

Thread Information