DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: Rule PDFs

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    I am guessing that you might have some other modules loaded. Here is how you can check:
    1. Click the Modules sidebar item
    2. Click the Activation button on the bottom left of the window that opens
    3. Click the Load Filter button on the bottom right of the window that opens

That will show you the loaded modules. Since you had the RMFRP extension loaded earlier, I would make sure you don't have the RMFRP modules loaded.
    This is what it was. Geeze, without you guys I would have been sooooooo lost! Thank you again!!

Glad you're getting there @Grimbold11. I think the lesson to be learned here is don't download and enable a bunch of stuff when you're first learning the product/ruleset. I've seen this on the forums before, thinking that in order to make their Fantasy Grounds setup *the best* a GM has to use all of the additional DLC available. Start with the basics to learn the system and once you're comfortable with using the setup, if there's a couple of additional extensions or library modules that you *really* need, look into adding them in the future.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That is very good advice Trenloe.

@Grimbold11, if you have not already, I would highly recommend that you check out Wolfshield's videos, they cover a lot of the basics for the RMC ruleset, they were made before some of the redesign, but beyond some visual changes, they are still very good.

A new question for the masses if I may! I have disabled Creatures and Treasures for players in the modules section but races like Neandrthal, Nixie, Leprechaun, and Kobold are still options for choosing a race when creating a character. All I want are basic choices with Companion I. Any idea which other supplement would be adding in these extra options?

Did you also disable the Creatures & Treasures - Players module from being able to be loaded? That should be the module that Players would load for those races.

Yup!
    RM.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Grimbold11,

Are your players seeing the options or is it that only you are seeing it? The reason that I am asking is I notice you have the C&T - Players module set so the PCs can't load it but you do have it loaded. That means you will see it in your drop down list and sidebar items but your players still shouldn't see it since they can't load that module. If you are seeing them as the GM, just unload that module and you won't see them anymore. Please let us know if you are seeing something else.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

It took a bit of a learning curve and a lot of prep work but I am running my first Fantasy Grounds Rolemaster game. I'm excited and my players are too! I wanted to give a shout out to all of you who kindly responded here and helped me out with my technical questions. Thank you!!

I look forward to reporting back with tales of heroics, of woe, and everything in between soon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold11 View Post
    It took a bit of a learning curve and a lot of prep work but I am running my first Fantasy Grounds Rolemaster game. I'm excited and my players are too! I wanted to give a shout out to all of you who kindly responded here and helped me out with my technical questions. Thank you!!

I look forward to reporting back with tales of heroics, of woe, and everything in between soon
    Watch out for invisible turtles!
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Congrats Grimbold!
    Enjoy bringing the old crunchy game we all know and love back to life with your crew!

Thread Information