STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldincognito View Post
    Yeah, I tried it with a few different images, making sure that I only had one open and still no cigar.
    Shoot- sorry about that! I’ll try to recreate the bug later and see if I can fix it once I figure it out!

No need to be sorry! This extension looks awesome and I can't wait to use it. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Really nice work... a great addition to FG.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Just tried this out in the 2E ruleset and was initially disappointed... the party entered the map in formation, but considerably offset from where I dragged to.

Played around with it a bit and realized it works perfectly if the UI scale is 100%, but not when I'm running at /scaleui 125 or 150. (which I usually am).

So looks like it may need to account for UI scale when you're calculating the position to drop them.

The other problem I can forsee is the need to rotate them as you drop them. If you set them up on the party sheet with a North/South formation but drag them into a hallway heading east/west, it's not really going to do anything useful for you. Not sure what the solution there would be short of extra buttons (or a hotkey like alt/shift/control you hold while dragging) for like 90 degree rotation, 180 degrees, and 270 degrees
    Last edited by Sterno; April 24th, 2022 at 12:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterno View Post
    Just tried this out in the 2E ruleset and was initially disappointed... the party entered the map in formation, but considerably offset from where I dragged to.

Played around with it a bit and realized it works perfectly if the UI scale is 100%, but not when I'm running at /scaleui 125 or 150. (which I usually am).

So looks like it may need to account for UI scale when you're calculating the position to drop them.

The other problem I can forsee is the need to rotate them as you drop them. If you set them up on the party sheet with a North/South formation but drag them into a hallway heading east/west, it's not really going to do anything useful for you. Not sure what the solution there would be short of extra buttons (or a hotkey like alt/shift/control you hold while dragging) for like 90 degree rotation, 180 degrees, and 270 degrees
    Thank you for testing! I hadn’t realized UI Scale would need to be factored in. I’ll see if I can fix that.

I like your idea of other buttons, maybe that would work! “Add Party North-facing”, “East-facing” etc?

Edit: I think I’ll label the other buttons “Add Party 90°”, “Add Party 180°” and “Add Party 270°”
    Last edited by seansps; April 24th, 2022 at 16:24.

Can you snap into the green icon in CT to change its behaviour or maybe right click menu for compass facing ?

Quote Originally Posted by EllivasKram View Post
    Can you snap into the green icon in CT to change its behaviour or maybe right click menu for compass facing ?
    I can look into a right click menu for facing!

I almost have a fix for the UI Scaling issue. Just need to figure out where to factor in the UI Scale properly with my calculation

Hi everyone, I just uploaded a v1.3 that fixes the issue with UI Scaling.

You should now be able to drop the party on any map gridsize w/ any UI Scale set. I tested in both 5e and CoreRPG, so it should be working in other rulesets, too.

I haven't been able to reproduce the reported issue where it actually drops them on a New Map (I suspect that has to do w/ conflicting extensions still, not sure.)

Next, I will try to add a Right Click Menu to change the facing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterno View Post

Okay, so it was actually pretty easy to get all this fixed!

The latest version I just uploaded (v1.5) should address all the issues with the UI Scale AND adds a right-click menu to change the facing:

- Right click the button to Set Direction
    - Select North,South,East,or West
    - The button text will update w/ the new direction
    - Click and drag, and it should place the characters in formation with the chosen heading

Edit: I am also trying something in this new version that might fix the "New Image" bug previously reported
    Last edited by seansps; April 25th, 2022 at 03:26.

Thread Information