DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

(Any) - Add Party to Map In Formation

Hey Everyone,

I was getting really tired of constantly having to manually add all my players to a new map each time I switch to a map.

I wanted to be able to add them all to a given map at a given location using their Formation from the party sheet. I didn't see an extension that did that, so I made one.

The extension is now available on the Forge!

The extension *should* work with all rulesets but I only tested with 5e, CoreRPG, and my custom Cyberpunk RED ruleset. If a ruleset does something funky with onDrop on images, then it won't work. Also, I only tested with FGU (Classic might not work!)

Here's how to do it:
    - Download the PartyToMap.ext extension file to your extensions folder
    - Select the Add Party to Map extension prior to loading the campaign
    - On the Party Sheet, add all your party members, then make sure their "Formation" is set in the Marching Order / Formation panel
    - Add each party member to the Combat Tracker (this is required to add/link their token properly!)
    - Open a new map, toggle the toolbar (The one with pen tool, etc.)
    - On the left of the tool bar is "Add Party" - Click and drag this to the place you want the party in the map
    - Boom, they should all be there, in their relative formation. If for some reason they are misaligned, make sure you are dropping right in the center of the desired square, or adjust the tokens on the Formation panel.
    - You can click and drag this option on a different map to move their tokens there
    - To change the direction of the formation, Right Click the "Add Party" button and select "Set Direction" then select North, East, South, or West. If the direction is anything other than North, it will show in Parenthesis in the button text (ie "Add Party (E)"). This rotates the formation to be facing the given direction for use in maps where the starting passages/areas are not north-facing.

Here's a screenshot:

AddToMap.png

Extension is now available on the Forge here: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/629/view
    Last edited by seansps; April 29th, 2022 at 19:40. Reason: Now on Forge!

This is awesome, I'll check it out. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lavoiejh View Post
    This is awesome, I'll check it out. Thanks!
    Thanks! Lemme know if you run into any issues! I think it’ll come quite in handy in my own games. I have an idea for how to fix the alignment issue- will update if it works.

I just uploaded a v1.1 that adjusts the placement of the other tokens based on the grid size of your image that you're dropping them on, so that should fix the aforementioned alignment issues!

Very nice! Any chance of this heading to the Forge?
    My Forge creations: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/crafter/9/view-profile
    My GitHub: https://github.com/MeAndUnique
    Buy me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/meandunique
    Discord: MeAndUnique#6805

Quote Originally Posted by MeAndUnique View Post
    Very nice! Any chance of this heading to the Forge?
    Thanks!

And yes! I’m waiting for approval for an account to publish to Forge and then I’ll move it there!

This looks like something FGU should just take into the product. Weird the way green icon works in CT especially in tight locations.

You deserve an inspiration point.

Quote Originally Posted by EllivasKram View Post
    This looks like something FGU should just take into the product. Weird the way green icon works in CT especially in tight locations.

You deserve an inspiration point.
    Lol, thanks! And I agree - it should be a default feature haha!

Hey!

Not sure if I am missing something here. I have the add-on enabled, all the tokens are in the party sheet (the proper linked ones that are green), and I have all of them in the party tracker/combat tracker, but the option to add them isn't on my maps. I am using 5e.

This looks amazing.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by emeraldincognito View Post
    Hey!

Not sure if I am missing something here. I have the add-on enabled, all the tokens are in the party sheet (the proper linked ones that are green), and I have all of them in the party tracker/combat tracker, but the option to add them isn't on my maps. I am using 5e.

This looks amazing.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Oh that’s weird! Do you have any other extensions enabled that are adding options to the Toolbar of the map? (And I’m assuming you’re looking in the toolbar section?)

Thread Information