Thread: Bayne Bag of Holding for 5E
April 22nd, 2022, 22:42 #1
Bayne Bag of Holding for 5E
This extension lets the GM and player's organize their pack animals, magical huts, wagons, or bags of holding right on the Party Sheet. Players can control their coin and drag and drop items from their inventory to storage(and back). The GM sets the location in case the party is using multiple animals. Player tokens link their character sheets to their coin or bag of holding. Weights of all coins and items are tracked on the window
If you have ever tried to run pack animals and used character sheets or some other sort of hack you realize how non perfect it is. My biggest complaint in my groups is that player's can't remember what is stored in their Tiny Hut. They no longer have to worry!
Last edited by bayne7400; October 16th, 2023 at 15:02.
April 23rd, 2022, 18:11 #2
- Join Date
- May 2018
- Midwest US
I watched your youtube post and have a few questions as the video was lacking some detail on a few things.
1. I see only one icon for "Bag of Holding" is that accessible by the whole party or just the one that owns the "Bag of Holding".
2. Same question for the "NPC"s that are carrying your gear (horses, mules and such)... are all of those visible and accessible by the party or just the one that owns the animal?
3. It doesn't seem as though the label is mutable to something like "Leumund's Secret Chest" or "Demiplane A" is that planned for the future?
I might suggest doing another video and include the point of view of the client side. That would help the understanding on how it works a great deal.
April 23rd, 2022, 18:17 #3
1. The whole party can see it but only the players whose token is drug into the bag can actually manipulate it.
2. the entire party can see it, add to it or take away from to their inventory. I added a "tender". the tender can actually set the item location . "saddlebag" etc
3. well for my hut I drug a token right above the inventory and typed in the name. the bag of holding is just a bag of holding. The entire things is meant to be used for your hut or mule or whatever. That is why each player can have their own coin section that they alone can control. (again everyone can see it)
Last edited by bayne7400; April 23rd, 2022 at 18:30.
April 23rd, 2022, 18:41 #4
- Join Date
- May 2018
- Midwest US
Ok, then I guess this isn't what I am looking for. I know the default expectation at most tables is that all PCs work together and share everything but I run a more "realistic" take on that because not all the PCs have the same side goals at the very least and during down time they pursue different things and don't necessarily share what they did and what they gained with the other PCs.
I was looking to code something for stashes for each PC, it didn't occur to me to modify the Party Sheet but that is an interesting approach to it. I would need multiple "stashes" per PC, as an example I have one PC with his room at their shared manor house, another stash in the caves beneath that, another inside his modified wagon.
Or for my high level conjurer multiple Demi-planes and wizards being paranoid and untrusting divulging such things to anyone would be out of the question.
Thanks though. I will keep my eye on this none-the-less.
April 23rd, 2022, 18:48 #5
You should try to use Silent Ruins parcel extension for that. Being on the "Party Sheet" it is meant to be shared knowledge
April 24th, 2022, 02:08 #6
Nice work here. I did get this one but found there is a conflict with the weather generator ext. You both add a tab on the party sheet and yours looks to overwrite his? Any chance we could get this resolved?
April 24th, 2022, 02:38 #7
Yeah I heard about this. I am not totally sure I can. I'll can reach out to Matt though.
I do have an update coming Monday. It will Fix a few minor bugs, make the labels editable for the bag and I added another container (bag).
April 24th, 2022, 02:43 #8
One thought: Sometimes my players each have a pack animal (like a horse). It would be cool if you could add those like you do player's coins (above). That way each has there own pack animal.
April 24th, 2022, 03:24 #9
Yeah I think this is going to work. My wife was actually directing my coding on this haha and We are using it in our first game tomorrow. So I am sure I will have even more feedback. The big thing with adding stuff is real estate is limited but maybe I can squeeze something in up there. It could help them track their animal. The items are sorted by location then by name. So if you run multiple pack animals it will keep them separate.
April 24th, 2022, 13:42 #10
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)