DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Weapon Creation - Attack Modifier

Noob here. Sorry if wrong forum, or if already been addressed on other thread.

Checking to see if anyone can help with a weapon creation question.

I want to have FG automatically give a +1 to the shooting roll when firing [weapon X]. I know that the player can manually put a shooting modifier on the item in the combat tab, but I want to create a weapon with that built in. If you use this weapon, you're more likely to hit, so +1 to shooting.

I've tinkered around adding ATK: +2 and Shooting +2 and other stuff in various fields based on things I read that appear to be out of my league of understanding at this time, but either they were meant for other rulesets, or I'm missing something because my test rolls never take the modifier into account.

Thanks for any assist!

- edit after posting, it occurred to me that this may not have gone into the Savage Worlds section. Maybe it did and I can't tell. Either way, editing to add that I'm specifically looking to do this in a Savage Worlds setting, if that matters.
    Last edited by vickroy; April 21st, 2022 at 23:31.

In Savage Worlds, you add this effect to the weapon to the unlabeled field just below the Keywords field (just above the Modification section):
    Code:
    [>Shooting +1]
    You could alternatively use this effect:
    Code:
    [>Ranged +1]
    In this context they have the same effect.

Dude...YES!

Is there a good source of documentation for these kinds of things so I don't have to ask each time one comes up? I've looked at a few different manuals, but they obviously had different instructions than what you shared. I'm assuming its different for D&D than SW what gets put in and where.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by vickroy; April 22nd, 2022 at 15:34.

Here's the help portal page on it:
    Savage Worlds Effects

And here's a stickied forum thread:
    List of Undocumented SWADE Ruleset Features

I'm working on a module listing all the effects and how to use them so you'll have an in-game reference and examples. No ETA, but when it's done it will be on the forge and I'll announce it.

Thread Information