FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    ok, 1 more OCD thought, (now I am pushing it) Would it be possible to add a note field in the Level 0 - 9 headers? See the blue box in the attached picture. Useful for non spell powers especially when you minimize the actions in the actions tab. less clutter.

Action Tab Rearrange.png
    Last edited by Morenu; April 23rd, 2022 at 13:55.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    ok, 1 more OCD thought, (now I am pushing it) Would it be possible to add a note field in the Level 0 - 9 headers? See the blue box in the attached picture. Useful for non spell powers especially when you minimize the actions in the actions tab. less clutter.
    Not sure if it is just me, but I get an error when I try to view your picture attachment.

Cheers,
    Brian

I think it's fixed...

And another thought, does anyone know If I can change a specific spell's (spell action) CL level on the spell itself. this is mainly for scrolls, I would like to have a scroll "spell class" then put scrolls at appropriate spell levels in that class, but the CL can vary greatly and is set by the spell class.
    Last edited by Morenu; April 23rd, 2022 at 14:52.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

Do you mean something like this? Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 11.01.17 AM.png

I did a quick proof-of-concept. It seems to work, but I'd need to test it a bit more to make sure I didn't do something bad with the underlying DB info.

Cheers,
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by MostTornBrain View Post
    I did a quick proof-of-concept. It seems to work, but I'd need to test it a bit more to make sure I didn't do something bad with the underlying DB info.
    Looking at the underlying DB.xml that is saved for a campaign, it appears what I did is ok. The change I made to Trenloe's extension is pretty simple. I added the following lines within the <base> </base> tags in the extension.xml file:

Code:
    		<windowclass name="spell_level" merge="join">
    			<sheetdata>
    				<stringu name="notes">
    					<anchored height="20">
    						<top offset="2" />
    						<right parent="spells_iadd" anchor="left" offset="-10" />
    						<left parent="stats" anchor="right" offset="10" />
    					</anchored>
    					<cursor hover="hand" />
    				</stringu>
    			</sheetdata>
    		</windowclass>
    Cheers,
    Brian

Wow. My OCD feels spoiled.

And another thought, does anyone know If I can change a specific spell's (spell action) CL level on the spell itself. this is mainly for scrolls, I would like to have a scroll "spell class" then put scrolls at appropriate spell levels in that class, but the CL can vary greatly and is set by the spell class.
    Are you already using the Advanced Items Actions extension for scrolls? That will automatically add an action at the appropriate caster level for the spell when the scroll is equipped. And since it adds a custom action to the action tab, at that point you can easily override the caster level if you wanted it to be higher than what is the base level for creating a scroll for that spell. (You could even add the caster level description to the scroll in the inventory as a reminder if the CL is supposed to be custom.)

Cheers,
    Brian

Are you already using the Advanced Items Actions extension for scrolls? That will automatically add an action at the appropriate caster level for the spell when the scroll is equipped. And since it adds a custom action to the action tab, at that point you can easily override the caster level if you wanted it to be higher than what is the base level for creating a scroll for that spell. (You could even add the caster level description to the scroll in the inventory as a reminder if the CL is supposed to be custom.)

Cheers,
    Brian
    With Advanced Item Actions you can also set caster level in the item name like: "Scroll of Cure Light Wounds (CL 5)"
    Last edited by bmos; April 24th, 2022 at 02:24.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    You can also set caster level in the item name like: "Scroll of Cure Light Wounds (CL 5)"
    Oh wow! I had been hoping it supported that but I hadn't quite had the CL syntax correct when I had been trying it. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Brian

Oh wow! I had been hoping it supported that but I hadn't quite had the CL syntax correct when I had been trying it.
    One minor quirk - which I suspect is more of a character sheet behavior thing, not the Advanced Item Actions extension itself. If you edit a scroll to have a CL, you need to click on another inventory item for the name change to take effect internally. Otherwise, the CL won't be detected in the created action (as the name of the action also won't have the changed text). It seems _sometimes_ the name change takes effect right away, but most of the time in my testing I found the extension wouldn't get the edited text until after I clicked away into a different inventory item snd then clicked back to make the item equipped.

Cheers,
    Brian

Thread Information