DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Flash Gordon - Portraits & Using Vehicles

Good Afternoon All,

I bought the Flash Gordon Ruleset and am in the process of putting together a campaign to get the players used to the combat system. So there are four items I am struggling with:

1) Portraits, I can change the players portrait no problem but the NPC's seem to be locked so I cannot change them. It detracts from the game when the player icon are pictures and the NPC's/monsters are letters.
    I'm trying to change the Vehicle as well and this is not happening so any pointers would be appreciated.
    2) Using vehicles in combat, I can put them in the combat tracker but as the GM I have to control them. Is there a way to give control to the players?
    3) Combat, I'm slowly sorting it out but is there a clear instruction manual on how to do combat? Are the cards the initiative roll? And what is it with the Bennies?
    4) What are they for and how do you use them?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sounds like you are new to Fantasy Grounds and Savage Worlds.

Watch these videos, they will help with some of the Savage Worlds stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMdt...b9LGkuEtJ589lt

and also take a look at https://www.youtube.com/c/FantasyGroundsAcademy (and their Discord server https://discord.gg/fgacademy)

You can change portraits for NPCs after adding them to the Combat Tracker.

The initiative is done differently in Savage Worlds, cards are dealt each round.

Bennies are the life blood of Savage Worlds. You definitely need to open the Players Guide in Fantasy Grounds and read through the Reference Manual.

Good luck and feel free to ask more questions!

Thanks for the info, I should have checked the Savage Worlds player handbook. I've almost got a handle on combat, and Bennies have been explained. I've managed to add portraits to PC's but adding portraits to NPC's and vehicles still seems to be a no go. I've copied both so they are unlockable and then dragged the image onto the token image but it won't change it. It also won't let me do it in the combat tracker.

Just to make sure we understand what you're doing, are you trying to change portraits or tokens? NPCs and vehicles don't have portraits. So you mean token? The tiny space on the top right area of the character sheet between ID and the speech bubble?

If that's what you mean, you're doing it correctly.

Can you change the token in an encounter setup? Can you set the token on an npc you created from scratch?
    Do you see any errors when you try to change the token? You can type /console into chat to see if it's logging anything.

As for learning SWADE and FGU, watch Doswelk's Savage Saturdays on youtube, or better yet, play in one of his games. (Look at his stickied thread.) Not only will you learn loads about FGU and Savage Worlds, but you'll get to preview an upcoming product he's working on.

You can join a one-shot, or be a guest player or observer in someone's game. I've learned a lot doing that. I'm sure you'll get an invite in the forum or discord if you ask.

As @Mike Serfass mentions - add tokens to NPCs, not portraits.

More information on using tokens in the Wiki User Guide here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...5/Using+Tokens
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the info all the help and advice I will do as you have suggested. I have go the images as I wanted them so thats one step closer!

Thread Information