STAR TREK 2d20

How to do Rituals?

Hey all, I am just getting into 4e on Fantasy Grounds, but I wnat to ask how you guys do rituals on the character sheets. More specifically whether to put them in the equipment tab or the powers tab, and how to format them as such. If you have a way you like, please share!

Here is how I do it. As an item.

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Here is how I do it. As an item.

Do you find that preferable to having them as actual Ritual objects (class=reference_ritual in module terms)?

I've been writing a Portable Compendium parser to create indexed Library modules, and an working on the rituals exporter now.

As Items you can put them in the Inventory tab but not Abillities, as Rituals you can put them in the Abilities tab but not the Inventory.

I can't see that one offers any more functionality than the other as unlike e.g. Powers they don't appear to actually do anything.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by skelekon View Post
    Do you find that preferable to having them as actual Ritual objects (class=reference_ritual in module terms)?

I've been writing a Portable Compendium parser to create indexed Library modules, and an working on the rituals exporter now.

As Items you can put them in the Inventory tab but not Abillities, as Rituals you can put them in the Abilities tab but not the Inventory.

I can't see that one offers any more functionality than the other as unlike e.g. Powers they don't appear to actually do anything.

Cheers.
    I was thinking about that a while ago and decided I liked it better as an Item because Ritual Components (reagents) are also items.

Then I talked the developer of Winnowing Pursuits https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/177/view to add a filter for Rituals. :-)

Thread Information