STAR TREK 2d20

Multiclass Proficiencies on level up

I believe there is an issues with automated application of proficiencies on multiclass characters for example a Fighter/Thief 6/6 is only showing 4 weapon and 4 non-weapon proficiencies. Assuming I'm understanding the progression for multiclass out of the PHB revised it should gain 1/1 proficiency in warrior every 3 levels giving at least 2 more proficiencies in both weapon and non-weapon at 6/6. Any help would be greatly appreciated, there's a good chance I'm just not understanding the rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by Atru1n View Post
    I believe there is an issues with automated application of proficiencies on multiclass characters for example a Fighter/Thief 6/6 is only showing 4 weapon and 4 non-weapon proficiencies. Assuming I'm understanding the progression for multiclass out of the PHB revised it should gain 1/1 proficiency in warrior every 3 levels giving at least 2 more proficiencies in both weapon and non-weapon at 6/6. Any help would be greatly appreciated, there's a good chance I'm just not understanding the rules here.
    Thanks for reporting this. There definitely is an issue. I found and corrected.

To be clear tho a fighter/thief should have 6/5 at at level 6/6.

So the way it will work on next update is you gain at the appropriate level (max active class level) for best rate. So if you level up (first) to 3 as fighter you'll get 1 weapon prof and one non-weapon prof. At level 3 of thief you wont gain either as you earned them for that level as fighter.

Here is an example how it will work after update (I'll see about pushing it out as hotfix). In the meantime the Host/DM should be able to manually correct those values.

ps: excuse the decal, I was working on GDQ at the time of testing this and it was my desktop decal.
    Last edited by celestian; April 15th, 2022 at 02:48.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Thanks for reporting this. There definitely is an issue. I found and corrected.

To be clear tho a fighter/thief should have 6/5 at at level 6/6.

So the way it will work on next update is you gain at the appropriate level (max active class level) for best rate. So if you level up (first) to 3 as fighter you'll get 1 weapon prof and one non-weapon prof. At level 3 of thief you wont gain either as you earned them for that level as fighter.

Here is an example how it will work after update (I'll see about pushing it out as hotfix). In the meantime the Host/DM should be able to manually correct those values.

ps: excuse the decal, I was working on GDQ at the time of testing this and it was my desktop decal.
    Yeah, my bad i was half awake when i wrote that and failed to do basic math lol. Thanks for the quick response! Also i love that decal.

The update to fix this issue went out this morning.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information