FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 8 of 8 First ... 678
    Common init option is currently defaulted to on - going to change that to off - as I'm the only one that probably uses it in my campaigns and those are the defaults delivered in the extension - which is going to be more trouble than its worth. I'll just manually turn it on in any new campaigns for myself. No version change for this will appear.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; March 30th, 2023 at 07:39.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

This probably does not need to be stated - but as I just had a game that had me stumped why someone could not use the healing action on a NPC starship they were being carried by in the CT (which had been given by the DM so that they could double click on it) which did not work no matter what I did - it was because if that client does not also own the NPC/VEHICLE CT carrier node it can't write to the node's tempHP data.

So obviously, if the DM is foolish enough to share an NPC/VEHICLE carrier CT action that has some sort of writable action to the DB then it will give a warning in the console log (which you won't see unless you go look) stating that when it tried to write whatever it was to the DB node - it failed. Because they did not own the NPC/VEHICLE CT carrier node - this was the case in my particular case.

SO be warned. Not every NPC/VEHICLE carrier CT action that can be shared should be shared out to clients - any write action ones - like [HEAL: 1d4] etc. need to be only shared out if they also own the NPC/Vehicle carrier CT node.

V1.29 - Bug - with common init option the order was never really changing even though numbers generated were unique. This was because the number sample was generated based on random 20 and on large CT counts this was not a large enough random number sample to change the order. Now when common init option is set that init random number generator is based on current CT count so that sample is large enough to get unique numbers and change the order randomly. As usual with common init option you will see init much higher (if lots of CT entries visible or not). The CombatManager2.rollRandomInit code override is shared between carrier and combat groups extensions.

Any chance of this extension working with the Pathfinder 2e ruleset?
    Native Texan. Tabletop Gaming since 1977. Ultimate License holder. Life-long Trekkie. Traveller fanatic. Die-hard Savage. OSR enthusiast. 1930's Pulp aficionado.
    Currently Running:
    Cypher System: Shotguns, Sorcery & Shenanigans
    Currently Playing:
    Shadowdark: ShadowRim Excursion
    Savage Worlds: Hell Divers
    Ambition & Avarice: Maelstrom Island
    Time Zone: Central Daylight Time (GMT-5)

Quote Originally Posted by sirkerry View Post
    Any chance of this extension working with the Pathfinder 2e ruleset?
    If it did, I would claim it is totally unsupported. IN fact. I do claim this. IF it worked.

V1.30 - Bug - needs to be aware if common init from combat groups is in effect so it does not mess up that order. Fixed.

Testing it today in a new D&D 5e campaign with only the Carrier extension activated. The Monster Manual module is open, no others are open. No player connected.

Add a few creatures to the combat tracker. None of them had the carrier button. I added them to an image with a grid. None of the extension functions worked.

Try this while:
    - Standard FGU options.
    - The Carrier extension options appear within the FG options button.

(1) - Carrier Extension Active (off deletes all carrier date) [On]
    (2) - Default Driver Option [Çarried follow]
    (3) - Display status (carried or carrier) on map token [On]
    (4) - Do not move process when dragging toke [Off]
    (5) - Orient token along direction of movement [Off]
    (6) - Use carrier map token orientation on carried positions [On]

Try disabling option (1) and restarting the FGU. Turn it back on and reboot and there was no change.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruel_Kagenie View Post
    Testing it today in a new D&D 5e campaign with only the Carrier extension activated. The Monster Manual module is open, no others are open. No player connected.

Add a few creatures to the combat tracker. None of them had the carrier button. I added them to an image with a grid. None of the extension functions worked.

Try this while:
    - Standard FGU options.

Try disabling option (1) and restarting the FGU. Turn it back on and reboot and there was no change.
    It's working for me.

Drag the name of one creature to another creature in the CT, does it give you the carrier options?
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruel_Kagenie View Post

Try this while:
    - Standard FGU options.

I have no idea what your trying to do here. Everythying you mentioned would not trigger anything to be a carrier of anything else. Watch videos or read up on extension in .txt file. You have to actually define a carried CT entry on a carrier CT entry by dragging the CT entry name field of what you want carried on to the CT entry name field of what you want to be the carrier. Doing nothing = getting nothing.

Thread Information