STAR TREK 2d20
Page 7 of 8 First ... 5678 Last
    V1.25 - Bug - At some point PCs entries in the CT stopped being able to have generic CT buttons on the clients effect them. As Carrier has such buttons I've had to force the addHolder/removeHolder of the CT's ownership when a PC is activated or deactivated myself.

Based on replies in my other forum post about this I'm getting the impression I'm on my own with this. So doing it myself.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Lag testing with Carrier and some marching bots going by my players last Monday seemed to work "OK". This was a pretty large test case and if I moved slow seemed to be fine. I could not whip around like I could with just a few things following but was "good enough" for a carrier with 3 following carriers each with 2 carried items each. It seemed the last row would hiccup somewhat in the following and I may look into that if its something smaller cases have going on but it did not drop dead and they did march by in order at a normal walking pace pausing to scan the characters and imply a TPK was in their future if they tried to pull any hijinks. Because in my game they are free to do what they want - with the appropriate consequences attached of course

Attached Images Attached Images

Really awesome work dude.
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

Another thing I found out in my use of carrier was that in my SW5E spaceship battles where they either outright control the ship as an NPC (no issues as they are the NPC with its vision) or are carried on the ship controlling its weapons as PCs (don't share ships vision) that I had to put a "VISION: 750 blindsight" effect on them so they could see through the ships sensors as they used its weapons. They were all set to carried invisible so I also had to delete all the SKIPTURN effects that generated so they would get their turns - and as I had a driver PC I manually set the NPC ship (actually owned and controlled by driver) to have a SKIPTURN effect in it so only the PCs got turns.

This was because if I just gave a ship a normal light that they could see with it would immediately be seen anywhere from across the space map - and my ship battle rules don't want that sort of thing unless they trigger a scan pulse (normal very long distance 3000 ft light) that will let them be seen and see farther while its turned on.

Why tell you all this? Because this is a tool and while I have options to do some common things for you - some things that are specialized you still have to do - think - trial and error to see what works in that situation. Still need you as a DM to do your job!
    Last edited by SilentRuin; March 24th, 2023 at 16:59.

An error when creating a carrier and a client is up - it will get a line 973 error in my code from a corrupted window. It seems mostly duplicatable but may be a tough timing issue. I think its been around for a while but I seem to be able to duplicate it regularly in my test campaign now. I'm currently looking at it. Once it happens the players CT will no longer be updated with any carrier stuff as its lost that window. Only shutting down the player and coming back up will fix it (till the next time some carrier is created and the window gets whacked). I'm trying to fix it now but it may take a while so posting this warning. Not sure how long this has been around but at least a few weeks.

V1.26 - Bug - V1.24 introduced a bug that caused a recursive call to corrupt a window on player side. Fixed.

Some idiot put an incredibly hard bug to find - said idiot has hopefully fixed it.

V1.27 - Update - "Carrier; SKIPTURN" will only be applied when Carrier carried eye icon is toggled to invisible not when CT entry eye icon is toggled to invisible. That way carried entry can be made invisible without applying SKIPTURN to it.

This whole visibility stuff is for me and my games and how I want them to play without forcing yet another option into the mix.

Carrier Tip: I do not use follow driver option when something is riding something else - as I want them in a fixed position relative to positional placement on what they are riding. Follow is more for things that have some separation and distance between.

V1.28 - Bug - stupid cut/paste error resulted in error at line 1422. Fixed.

Been around for a week, my players noted it repeatedly.

If you use common init option - beware your numbers may be higher - just like the version info implies it will (to be unique init it has to be higher). For sure effects that adjust on initiative will respect the init that is placed when the effect is set (high or not) but if like me you use the roll every round option your still going to have issues with those. So if those adjustments on your effects are more important than turn order - for sure turn them off. It won't save you from the roll every round option messing you up regardless (if just raw FGU or common init is in play) unless you have Effective Initiative.

Plus if you turn on or off this effect after effect adjust on inits have been set - obviously they will not be correct (just like when you reroll init on round changes normally would not be).

Also fixed inits like lair ranges set to 20 or things like that would have to be modified by the DM to be more toward the top or bottom of your unique inits (or just don't use common init options).
    Last edited by SilentRuin; March 30th, 2023 at 17:10.

Thread Information