Quote Originally Posted by Mallorylover23 View Post
sorry, I should have been clearer. I do most of my mapping on Dungeondraft. I can knock out a really good looking deckplan there in about 10% of the time it takes me in FGU; and it ends up looking so much better. I had just been researching being able to import LOS and lighting from that program into FGU and it is technically possible but apparently the format of the xml files are so drastically different, a script needs to be run through python to alter the file.

I had gotten my wires crossed and didn't consider that of course if the LOS and lighting were done in FGU, it would be a simple xml copy and paste.

My apologies for any attitude that came across with that original post. I had gotten a really nasty interaction before, when I asked in the dungeondraft subreddit about how to use python and the grumpiness I was feeling bled through here, and nobody at Smiteworks or on this forum deserved that.
These forums tend to be lighter and less critical than reddit.

If you do the LoS and lighting in FGU you can save the deck plan as a module and never even need to see the XML.

I tend to create development campaigns for referee only data and player facing data where I add things that I want to incorporate into my live campaign (maps, equipment, npcs, images, etc.) and then export them into modules. Helps keep things orderly but also reusable between campaigns.