STAR TREK 2d20

Text/chapters missing from High Guard?

As I am preparing for tomorrows game I noticed one thing many published designs have that I cant find any reference to. That is size reduction on jump drives and maneuver drives. For instance the Harrier got a Thrust 6 maneuver drive, reduced tonnage x 3. By the designrules in High Guard this would mean it would be 12 tons and cost 24Mcr. However it is listed with a drive massing 8.4 tons and cost 25.2Mcr. I have found similar options on starships listed in the Jayne's Guide in HG.

I have read through all the Traveller material on Fantasy Ground, but cant find a thing about how to do size reduction. Note I only own MGT2 on Fantasy Grounds and have no printed books or PDF's

Have references to these thing been omitted from the FGU release? Am I looking in all the wrong places?

One thing that seems to be universal across everything released by mongoose is that they don't always follow their own rules for building ships, using them as guidelines more than anything else. When working on the 2300ad ship design spreadsheet we had multiple house rules that allowed you to either use the numbers in the rules or the numbers that we derived from the example ships. (One example from that being VTOL and STOL systems used up half the tonnage listed in the ship design rules)

I think part of the problem is fitting all the legacy ships into whatever new system is developed for the newest Traveller has caused lots of fudging over the generations. Seems like in the 2022 High Guard update they plan to change ships where needed to fit the new system.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    I think part of the problem is fitting all the legacy ships into whatever new system is developed for the newest Traveller has caused lots of fudging over the generations. Seems like in the 2022 High Guard update they plan to change ships where needed to fit the new system.
    That's my thinking and that's what Matt has basically said when asked. Problem being there's a lot of historical content made using guesstimates, and any system won't produce these. So drawing a line and saying 'these are now correct, all built from the rules' would be wonderful, but you'll get people complaining that their favourite ship has changed.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    That's my thinking and that's what Matt has basically said when asked. Problem being there's a lot of historical content made using guesstimates, and any system won't produce these. So drawing a line and saying 'these are now correct, all built from the rules' would be wonderful, but you'll get people complaining that their favourite ship has changed.
    The Imperial Directorate of Starship Construction Compliance has assessed that the starship standards of your vessel does not comply with the new standard as ratified by his most illustrious Imperial Majesty on 211-1100. It will thus be impounded and refactored to achieve compliance at your expense subject to provision 2-99.212.489c. If you wish to file a grievance or apply for a waive you must do so within 10 standard days of this notification at the DoSCC main office on Capital, unfortunately we are unable to process exemption requests at field offices.

Thread Information