DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Suggestion for weapon detail page

It would be really nice if there was a button that would show the Arms Law attack table for each weapon when you click on the detail. The reason is that it is assumed that the players would know how well weapons they are trained in fair against different armor types. This can make a difference if a character has multiple weapons and wants to use the most effective weapon against the appropriate armor.

ICE.PNGICE1.PNG While you can't make a button for the attack table without making an extension you can easily make a table for each one. This helps in a couple of ways; 1. You only have to make the weapon tables you need at the time. 2. You can share this table so they have access to it. 3. By making it an actual table you can share it and use it as well. The example I have provided is only how I would do it, (I am not that familiar with the game as a whole), but you can do some powerful stuff with the tables like add in critical effects as well. I hope this helps you in some way.

Sincerely Aramis

I will add it to my list. The issue is the way the RM tables were initially setup was to interact with the table resolver so I would have to be extra careful not to break anything when trying to setup something like that.

The land of the Pecsaetan, in the Kingdom of Mercia
    Would it not be simpler to create an image file of the relevant tables, from a scan or exported from PDF that you could pull through from the FG images? They're only for reference after all, so would save on additional coding.

I'm doing that for various bits of reference material for my SM game.

Quote Originally Posted by QuirkyBirky View Post
    Would it not be simpler to create an image file of the relevant tables, from a scan or exported from PDF that you could pull through from the FG images? They're only for reference after all, so would save on additional coding.

I'm doing that for various bits of reference material for my SM game.
    That is how I would recommend doing it in the meantime. Just share the images with the appropriate PCs. I don't want to do that for the ruleset though since it would add quite a bit to the size of the Arms Law and Spell Law modules to include all the attack tables that way.

The land of the Pecsaetan, in the Kingdom of Mercia
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    That is how I would recommend doing it in the meantime. Just share the images with the appropriate PCs. I don't want to do that for the ruleset though since it would add quite a bit to the size of the Arms Law and Spell Law modules to include all the attack tables that way.
    Absolutely. You've already got the data in the ruleset, so it's "just" a question of configuring it so that the players can see it. But for us mere mortals, sharing images is a quick and easy fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis Dante View Post
    ICE.PNGICE1.PNG While you can't make a button for the attack table without making an extension you can easily make a table for each one. This helps in a couple of ways; 1. You only have to make the weapon tables you need at the time. 2. You can share this table so they have access to it. 3. By making it an actual table you can share it and use it as well. The example I have provided is only how I would do it, (I am not that familiar with the game as a whole), but you can do some powerful stuff with the tables like add in critical effects as well. I hope this helps you in some way.

Sincerely Aramis
    I can't seem to be able to share a weapons table.

The weapons tables can't currently be shared as I stated above. The example Aramis was showing was by using the FG Tables and building them with a few rows starting at the max possible. Then sharing that table. It would be easier to QuirkyBirky mentions and just take a screenshot of the weapon tables your players need to see and then load those pictures into your campaign so you can share them with your players. If you do it with a new campaign you could create a module from the images and then just load that in your existing campaign so you can share it with your players.

Hi alloowishus,

You are the first person in the decade that I've been doing this to ask to share the RM tables with their players. I've been looking into it and sharing the table browser doesn't work because the tables in it are generated dynamically at runtime. What I can do is allow you to share the RM Tables window with your players. That will allow them to open whatever table they want from the RM Tables window and browse them. That is the best option that I can provide at this time. Please let me know if that will meet your needs and I will get it added.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

I believe the Tables have now been allowed to be shared.

Rolemaster Classic (Rolemaster Classic)

• [Updated] RM Tables window so that it can be shared which will share all RM tables with the players

As an aside @Dakadin, great work on this latest update. Additionally, like you, I as a player never asked or as GM have never had a player ask to see the Attack Tables. Personally, I always thought of it as one of those behind the GM Screen things that players typically would not be privy to (like the Critical tables). Just shows how each GM may do things differently.

Thread Information