FG Spreadshirt Swag

Resilient Runes in PF2 release 18q2

I see this in the updates for the core rules: [Added] Character effect automation for armor resilient runes - resilient, greater resilient or major resilient in the armor properties when added to the PC sheet.

When I edit an existing armor entry that the character already has I cannot get it to register the +1 to saves. I had to copy the armor over to the Items list, remove said armor from the character inventory, edit the armor entry I dragged over to Items by placing resilient in the Properties field, and drag it back over to the character sheet. I also tried just editing an existing armor entry and cycling through carried and worn to get it to work but it does not.

Is drag/edit/drag going to how we will have to do this going forward? Would be easier to just edit their existing armor and do some sort of "refresh" like cycling through carried/worn or something.

That is how the code has been designed for a few years - the traits and properties and other item data is read when it is added to the PC - as eluded to in the update note: "...when added to the PC sheet". How to make this change without removing the item is something I've been mulling over for a while - how to do it reliably, without affecting manual changes already made to an item, and maintaining existing data integrity. Items, especially treasures, will be undergoing updates in release 19 and 20 - and that's when I'll look at things like this; community members who participate in the beta testing will be able to try it out and provide feedback. We're still a few weeks off release 19 testing - we need to get Guns and Gears, and the Beginner Box code finalized and those products released first.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I usually use the party inventory to put an item there and drag it back to my character as only the GM can add items to the items list

Trenloe, I am good with that. I just wanted to make sure I did not miss anything.

Keep up the great work! Your obvious love of the game and knowledge of the ruleset is what allows us all to play and we all owe many pints. Cheers.

Thread Information