5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Random find: had a creature with a breath weapon (with the recharge effect) in the CT. If the breath weapon was available, while using the down-arrow to move through CT entries, all was well. But if the ability was used, needing a recharge roll when INIT arrived on its CT entry, it would throw an error (not there when extension was disabled).

Script execution error: [string "scriptsmanager_effect_untrue.lua"]: 78: attempt to call global 'applyRecharge' (a nil value)
    Last edited by BronzeDodger; August 17th, 2022 at 08:00. Reason: typos

Sorry, focus has been away from forum for a while as I've been prepping for running a new system.

Quote Originally Posted by BronzeDodger View Post
    Random find: had a creature with a breath weapon (with the recharge effect) in the CT. If the breath weapon was available, while using the down-arrow to move through CT entries, all was well. But if the ability was used, needing a recharge roll when INIT arrived on its CT entry, it would throw an error (not there when extension was disabled).

Script execution error: [string "scriptsmanager_effect_untrue.lua"]: 78: attempt to call global 'applyRecharge' (a nil value)
    I am still unable to reproduce this issue with recharging, are there any other extensions that you are running that may be causing a conflict; and are you using the most up-to-date version of the extension?

The following changes have been made in version 0.3:
    • improved compatability with Advanced Effects

Thank you to those in the Fantasy Grounds Unoffical Developer's Guild.

The apply recharge error is an interaction between Untrue effects and ongoing save effects by Kent McCullough https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...g-Save-Effects

I was able to reproduce by having only these two extension active. Only happens if both are active not just one

Script execution error: [string "..rue_effects_berwind:..r_effect_untrue.lua"]:84: attempt to call global 'applyRecharge' (a nil value)

Quote Originally Posted by 0m0n View Post
    The apply recharge error is an interaction between Untrue effects and ongoing save effects by Kent McCullough https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...g-Save-Effects

I was able to reproduce by having only these two extension active. Only happens if both are active not just one

Script execution error: [string "..rue_effects_berwind:..r_effect_untrue.lua"]:84: attempt to call global 'applyRecharge' (a nil value)
    I'm sorry to say, this is something that I will likely not touch in a timely manner.
    I do not have access to that extension as I use an alternative extension called Better Combat Effects. I would be more willing to make a patch if they did not charge for their extension as it would require me to salvage some of their code, I'm not comfortable borrowing from a paid extensions code. The only thing left for me to do is try to gain more experience in creating extensions to make my script more my own and less volatile.

TL;DR: I need to do a complete rewrite and I'm very inexperienced.
    Last edited by Berwind; November 15th, 2022 at 19:03.

Thread Information