DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Pathfinder 2 - Secrets of Magic - Functionality and DLC issues

If you have any technical issues with the Pathfinder Second Edition Secrets of Magic DLC product please discuss/report them here.

Available in the FG store here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...ZOSMWPZO2108FG

Secrets of Magic required the most ruleset code changes than any other Pathfinder 2 FG product, other than the initial release of the Core Rules. As this is a DLC product, and the code has to go hand-in-hand with the release, it made it more difficult to test and coordinate updates than normal. As such, I expect there to be some edge cases that we didn't catch in testing - please report any issues in this thread.

The main areas of the new code are related to the two new classes - magus and summoner.

Both the magus and summoner have a new spell progression, where spell slots from earlier levels are no longer available. This first starts at level 5. FG will remove the ability to prepare those spells, but won't hide the spells themselves - this allows the player to move them to available spell slots at a higher level if desired.

Summoner and eidolon

This is where most of the code changes/additions have taken place. Some of the below is awaiting a code update later on the day of release.

. Ability to link a PC - for initiative sharing and other functionality. Expanded for Eidolon, limited functionality for companion and familiar (more to come in future releases).
    . Reduced functionality character sheet for eidolon
    - the 4 steps of character creation are removed from the chargen tracker and the base 6 abilities can be set directly from the tracker.
    - Ancestry and Dedication feat button removed. Class button shows feats with the "eidolon" trait.
    - HP is synced to the base PC.
    - Skill proficiencies are linked to the base PC.
    . Damage is applied based off the most damage if both the PC and eidolon are targeted. Healing sync to most healing when both the PC and eidolon are targeted with healing to come soon.
    . New PC automation - [EIDOLON ADD ...] allows the creation of the linked eidolon with the initial ability scores set. AC to come soon.

Future developments

. Add eidolon to the CT when the base PC is added.
    . Shared healing when both PC and eidolon targeted with healing.
    . Add AC and Dex cap to [EIDOLON ADD ...] PC automation.
    . Expand chargen tracker messaging to give better guidance for players.
    . More robust coding for PC linking when a player removes the link manually.

Gotchas

. There were no class kits in the Secrets of Magic product.
    . Most eidolon information has to be manually entered once FG creates the linked eidolon character sheet. This will be automated more in the coming weeks.
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 6th, 2022 at 03:04.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Videos

Secrets of Magic - Release Overview: https://youtu.be/yIyTm-07ITQ

Summoner character creation: https://youtu.be/eqaZdTEkiJE
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 6th, 2022 at 02:53.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Known issues

Known issues:

• Lore skills aren't currently synced fully from a summoner to their linked eidolon - manually create the lore skill on the eidolon and the skill proficiency will then sync.

Fixed issues:

• When a linked eidolon is first created the links to the summoner PC aren't fully setup. A session restart fully creates these links.
    • Spell damage not using shared pool.
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 6th, 2022 at 18:55.

Reserved 2.

Weird X symbol in the casting column.
    2022-04-05 18_41_40-Fantasy Grounds.png

If I missed an update regarding this, sorry.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    Weird X symbol in the casting column.
    2022-04-05 18_41_40-Fantasy Grounds.png

If I missed an update regarding this, sorry.
    Looks like you're running a font extension and that font doesn't include the PF2 action symbols.

This just happened after purchasing and loading the Secrets of Magic module.
    It was not the case yesterday.
    I will try out unloading the module and extensions.

[edit] found it, it's the extension "font - no to weather"
    Last edited by Farnaby; April 5th, 2022 at 20:59. Reason: FOUND CAUSE OF ERROR
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Videos added to post #2 - Product overview and summoner character creation.

I think Thunderous Strike damage multiplier should be set to Odd CLs instead of SL for damage; otherwise it doesn't automatically increase its sonic damage as you raise the Caster Level for the Magus Conflux Spells focus spell class.

Quote Originally Posted by mwfantasygrounds View Post
    I think Thunderous Strike damage multiplier should be set to Odd CLs instead of SL for damage; otherwise it doesn't automatically increase its sonic damage as you raise the Caster Level for the Magus Conflux Spells focus spell class.
    Thanks for reporting, I'll let the dev know.

Thread Information