FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    I've run 3 new groups through Fall of Plaguestone and they now all play PF2e.
    Did you find any of the encounters really challenging? My group of experienced RPGers (but new to PF2) struggled with a lot of the encounters. After the first section of part 2 I levelled their PCs to 3 (should have been 2) and they coped a little better being one level higher than intended.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Plaguestone was the first thing I ran for my very experienced group and there are a couple of encounters in there that can be extremely deadly

I ran the Pathfinder Society scenario The Absalom Initiation as an introductory scenario for 5 people who I only knew from a Twitch community. Most had little to no rpg experience (and none with FG or PF2) prior to playing and we just used some of the iconic Pathfinder characters. It's a bit more fiddly to set up with the variable missions / goals, but it breaks down into an intro and then 4 nice bite sized chunks after that.
    Three of those folks ended up being the core of a new weekly game that's been going for almost a year now.

I found that is the case because of the fatal flaw players bring to the PF2 game.
    If you work as a team, it's a lot easier. The encounters are challenging but doable.
    Also the players have to get used to the dying condition, that it isn't unusual.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

I think for beginners it's probably good to have them level up to 2 really early in plaguestone and then keep them a level ahead of the curve.

For experienced players it's probably not necessary.

FoP was my first PF2e adventure as well, and I think it wasn't really deadly for my party since they already had the concept of "build the party" versus "build the PC", and were seeking party strategies from day one. I can see a random group of people struggling in some encounters here.
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

I feel like ive seen you saying 4-6 weeks for the past 2 years 

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I'd say the Pathfinder Beginner Box: https://paizo.com/pathfinder/beginnerbox

Unfortunately we've had a lot of issues getting this converted to FG. I'm hoping it will be out in the next 4-6 weeks (maybe earlier), but that may be too late for you. If you buy the beginner box PDFs on Paizo then you'll get the cost of the PDFs discounted from the FG purchase when it's in the store.

With the PDFs you can extract the two maps needed, plus any images you might want. Then you could use the Bestiary for the majority of the creatures (or enter them yourself). This would allow you to get going before the FG conversion is available.

Based on what is available, I would start players with Troubles in Otari.

Thread Information