DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Issues targeting EAC

Hi everyone,

Quite new to SFRPG on FGU.

I am trying to use a weapon doing fire damage (laser sniper). My understanding was that depending on the damage type, it would roll against EAC or KAC respectively.

However, this does not seem to be the case. I scoured the forum and found an old thread discussing how there was an issue using short codes against EAC but according to the Devs, this has been resolved (Checked for good measure and same result sadly).

https://gyazo.com/7d8bfc5a7a597f44d26131cedf56eb91

The image shows my current example set up. The weapon is using the short code F for its damage type and is echoed on its item page (though from my experience the actions tab coding always takes priority.).

Is there a string of code I am missing to force it to target EAC over KAC?

Any advice is welcome.

Thank you in advance!

Welcome to the FG forums.

The target AC type is determined by the properties of the weapon - if you have access to the Core Rules DLC you'll see that weapons have vs. eac or vs. kac in the weapon properties which will result in the attack being made against the appropriate AC type. The code actually only looks for "eac" (not case sensitive) in the properties field, assuming KAC if EAC is not present.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Welcome to the FG forums.

The target AC type is determined by the properties of the weapon - if you have access to the Core Rules DLC you'll see that weapons have vs. eac or vs. kac in the weapon properties which will result in the attack being made against the appropriate AC type. The code actually only looks for "eac" (not case sensitive) in the properties field, assuming KAC if EAC is not present.
    Hmm I see. So what I believe I am hearing is that running the system alone without the core rules will mean that certain codes won't function correctly? Is this right?

I did try your solution sadly, as you said it may simply not work without the core rules running.

Thanks again in advance!

It works. Create the item from a blank record and drop it on the character.

Madman..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Quote Originally Posted by Rhydion View Post
    Hmm I see. So what I believe I am hearing is that running the system alone without the core rules will mean that certain codes won't function correctly? Is this right?

I did try your solution sadly, as you said it may simply not work without the core rules running.

Thanks again in advance!
    The code I mentioned that checks for EAC is in the base ruleset, not the Core Rules DLC. Please provide a screenshot of how you're adding the EAC data to the weapon.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The code I mentioned that checks for EAC is in the base ruleset, not the Core Rules DLC. Please provide a screenshot of how you're adding the EAC data to the weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    It works. Create the item from a blank record and drop it on the character.

Madman..
    Ah thank you for the visual. I was placing the code in the wrong properties section, how I never saw it there. *Facepalm*

You are both correct it does indeed work without the DLC. Much appreciated

Still finding 100 questions with the system as it deviates a fair bit from Pathfinder, mainly with weapon special properties etc but time with the system will help.

While not related to the original question (don't want to spam with a new thread), I notice you can't seem to manually edit class, race or theme. In pathfinder you could simply type there and write whatever you pleased which was very useful for self coding custom classes or simply building a character without relying on DLC. Is there a way to edit them manually or are you locked out and have to create the various sections from their own menus? Not that its a big problem, just wasn't sure if that was correct or not.

Thanks to both of you for solving my EAC query

Thread Information