5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Princes of the Apocalypse - Activated but Won't Activate Encounters

After a four week hiatus, our gaming group got back together to resume Princes of the Apocalypse and the evening went fine with moving around the map, posting room descriptions, sharing maps, etc... until as DM I tried to load an encounter. At the point I tried to add an encounter to the combat tracker, I received an error message that the module had not been activated. I tried unloading and reloading the module. I exited FG and restarted, unloaded and reloaded - all to no avail. I tested other modules and their encounters loaded without issue. The error only comes up for Princes of the Apocalypse, our current campaign.

Everyone can move their tokens, access their player sheets, etc... When we resumed the adventure, Drosnin, an evil NPC, appeared charmed as we left her (K-15 Chapel). Nothing seemed amiss until I tried to load the next encounter and received the error message

Four weeks ago, the campaign ran fine, so perhaps an upgrade created and issue? We ended our last session by closing everything down as normal, so there was no crash to cause any corruption.

Would reverting the module rebuild the module without losing our campaign data or would that be erased too?

Any help would be appreciated. I would hate to lose a year's worth of adventuring and leveling up because we are enjoying the module.
    Last edited by boyneboy; March 27th, 2022 at 03:09.

Blog Entries
    I saw another post about PoTA and there are some fixes for some errors that is queued to go out on Tuesday.
    I dont know if it covers these also but likely...

That was unfortunate for your gaming session...

I saw this same thing a few days back. The fix is pretty easy, just drag the monsters from the NPC tab into the encounter and delete the old ones in that encounter. Some encounters are working (I think the ones that have POTA specific monsters) but it seems to not work with MM monsters. Just unlock the encounter and drag the monsters in, delete the old ones, click the round arrows to update the XP and DC and then place them on the map and walla, the encounter is fixed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I saw another post about PoTA and there are some fixes for some errors that is queued to go out on Tuesday.
    I dont know if it covers these also but likely...

That was unfortunate for your gaming session...
    Thanks for the heads up and hope that will take care of it. The other suggestion of having to correct each encounter via an NPC import would be tedious.

We just ran into this as well, specifically in the mines beneath the Sacred Stone Monastery. A number of those encounters produce this error. The ones that do all have 0 xp, and no stats for the creatures involved. EX: 3.10.16 M16 Renwicks Tower (Encounter) Renwick is missing from the NPC table and therefore cannot be loaded.
    Last edited by Figment16; March 29th, 2022 at 01:38.

As damned said this has all been fixed and the updated module should be released later today once Lokaire wakes up.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    As damned said this has all been fixed and the updated module should be released later today once Lokaire wakes up.
    Thanks for the continued great support of Fantasy Grounds. I'll watch for it tonight. Fantasy Grounds is a family thing for us as I DM and then my wife and our sons and their wives are the PCs. It brings us together for fun a couple times a month even though we are spread out around the country.

Thanks - Its Fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by boyneboy View Post
    Thanks for the continued great support of Fantasy Grounds. I'll watch for it tonight. Fantasy Grounds is a family thing for us as I DM and then my wife and our sons and their wives are the PCs. It brings us together for fun a couple times a month even though we are spread out around the country.
    Thanks for the support here and from the good folks at FG. The problem is fixed and we are good to go into the Apocalypse this weekend.

Thread Information