5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Centering View on Player's Character Token

Players had an encounter that took place in a building with multiple floors. Used a large map with each floor spread out like separate rooms and using shift+click and drag to reposition the character as they changed floors. However, on the players side, their view didn't track the change in location of their character token, and they had to search the map from them.

What I am trying to figure out is how my players can re-center their view to zoom in on their character token so that they don't have to zoom out and look from them manually.

Blog Entries
    There is an option, Auto Center on Turn Start. Never tried to use it as a player, but often use it as a GM. I also believe there are some extensions that ave ways to do this, but not sure as I don't use any for that.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I’m not sure if this varies by ruleset, but in PF1 at least, if the player double-clicks on their token image on their character sheet it will open the map they are on and center on their token. I’ve not explicitly tried that if they map is already open, but I’d guess that it would still center it for them.

Thread Information