FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 7 of 24 First ... 5678917 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by dsaraujo View Post
    No.
    Any chance you could add that feature at some future point allowing us to craft runestones?

I can certainly add to the list of feature wishlist, but I tend to focus on features that I use on my own games. It does sounds interesting to build, but I don't want to set the wrong expectations here. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

I can certainly add to the list of feature wishlist, but I tend to focus on features that I use on my own games. It does sounds interesting to build, but I don't want to set the wrong expectations here. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Not a coder, so don't know how difficult it is? However, it's just taking the basic runestone item and adding the appropriate armor or weapon property rune to it. It's incredibly useful to make them for treasure parcels.

Quote Originally Posted by danman71 View Post
    Not a coder, so don't know how difficult it is? However, it's just taking the basic runestone item and adding the appropriate armor or weapon property rune to it. It's incredibly useful to make them for treasure parcels.
    I thought that's what the individual rune items were supposed to be.

Yeah, I usually don't bother with the extra 3gp for the actual stone, just add the rune to the parcels.
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

Yeah, I usually don't bother with the extra 3gp for the actual stone, just add the rune to the parcels.
    The runestone gets destroyed when the rune is transferred, so I don't know why that 3gp would even need to be included.

My plan is just to add an option to ignore the cost of the original item, per Trenloe clarification on this thread, which has the same effect. In practice, I never use the generic +1 striking weapon. Could you please explain why you would use that as a rune instead of the two runes?
    Speed and convenience. If I want to make a +1 striking flaming weapon, currently I have to search for the +1 rune (which requires me to type out "+1 weapon" at least because just searching for +1 will return a bunch of things other than the rune, including the generic +1 striking weapon), add that, then separately search for the striking rune, then the flaming rune.

Cutting that down to two searches instead of three, and a faster first search at that, would make building weapons on the fly faster and more convenient.

My idea of why to use a Runestone instead of a say the Flaming weapon enchantment in a treasure parcel is convenience for treasure parcels. Say I am planning a mid-level adventure that contains some trolls. At the time of writing, I don't know the party composition. I want to be sure to include some flaming runes in treasure parcels some time ahead of that. Most of the weapon/armor enchantments don't exist as Runestone versions in Fantasy Grounds aside from a few from modules. You have to make them, which of course is time consuming.

I "could" as previously suggested throw the enchantment itself into the party sheet and ignore the 3 gold and not create the actual rune item. I might do that if it's something I am doing on the fly. However, having the item as a runestone in treasure parcels makes it easier later for a planned adventure. If we have a melee group that needs it, great. If I have a spellcasting/alchemy group with lots of fire access already, they might just sell the runestone, so the 3gp potentially matters, etc. If I have built the complete item as Runestone containing the enchantment, then I don't have to make adjustments for that later if they sell it.

The mechanic to forge a rune item is nearly identical to that used in the Rune Forge for weapons/armor, hence my earlier question about it. You are just combining the Runestone with the relevant enchantment. It's a third type (rune) that can hold 1 armor or weapon enchantment. I realize some GM might not use it, but I personally would find it incredibly helpful.

Another suggestion I had was using something like the Runeforge to build Spellbooks, Alchemy Formula Books and Crafting Formula books. Something that could work like a container to include all the relevant spells or formulas and would auto-calculate the value of the included items. Again, looking at something mainly for treasure parcels.

Quote Originally Posted by danman71 View Post
    My idea of why to use a Runestone instead of a say the Flaming weapon enchantment in a treasure parcel is convenience for treasure parcels. Say I am planning a mid-level adventure that contains some trolls. At the time of writing, I don't know the party composition. I want to be sure to include some flaming runes in treasure parcels some time ahead of that. Most of the weapon/armor enchantments don't exist as Runestone versions in Fantasy Grounds aside from a few from modules. You have to make them, which of course is time consuming.

I "could" as previously suggested throw the enchantment itself into the party sheet and ignore the 3 gold and not create the actual rune item. I might do that if it's something I am doing on the fly. However, having the item as a runestone in treasure parcels makes it easier later for a planned adventure. If we have a melee group that needs it, great. If I have a spellcasting/alchemy group with lots of fire access already, they might just sell the runestone, so the 3gp potentially matters, etc. If I have built the complete item as Runestone containing the enchantment, then I don't have to make adjustments for that later if they sell it.

The mechanic to forge a rune item is nearly identical to that used in the Rune Forge for weapons/armor, hence my earlier question about it. You are just combining the Runestone with the relevant enchantment. It's a third type (rune) that can hold 1 armor or weapon enchantment. I realize some GM might not use it, but I personally would find it incredibly helpful.
    You can of course GM however you like, but I would not give my players any gold if they sold an used runestone, because it's completely worthless aside from the rune that is attached to it. Just like I wouldn't let them sell any other used consumable item. Although it would be kind of interesting if they tried to sell slightly used rations.

You can also create a weapon called runestone and combine it with the existing flaming rune, if you want to do that.

Edit: You can also use weapons and armor as rune delivery devices, since rune transferring is a thing. Your fighter might not have any use for leather armor, but he might be happy to grab that resilient rune from it.
    Last edited by myyra; June 1st, 2022 at 20:53.

Thread Information