DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 19 of 24 First ... 91718192021 ... Last
    Added Scroll and Wand option on the Spellbook builder (button is on top of Spells). For now you have to do one item at a time, and heightened spells are not possible to use. This is Live on v1.9.
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

That's amazing, you are a hero.

Ah yeah you are right they don't I was thinking scrolls not potions. Also wow you work fast, thanks!

Ah, the wand's item levels are off, wands should be 2 levels higher.
    e.g. a Level 1 wand shows item level 1 instead of item level 3.

Uff, true, let me fix that table!

Edit: Fixed as 1.9.1, Live in Forge.
    Last edited by dsaraujo; March 7th, 2023 at 17:30.
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

People probably already know this but if you have Random Encounter Generator and this both loaded they conflict. Which since REG's functions are now in this extension, you don't need anyway. But I spent some time tracking down which extensions were incompatible before getting it right.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoGM View Post
    People probably already know this but if you have Random Encounter Generator and this both loaded they conflict. Which since REG's functions are now in this extension, you don't need anyway. But I spent some time tracking down which extensions were incompatible before getting it right.
    Pretty sure that's explained in the first post.

I think there's a bug with the threat calculation on an encounter due to the difference between xp award and xp used to calcuate difficulty

Situation:

Party of two level 3 characters. Against a single level 3 creature, the XP reward would be 40xp.

A moderate encounter for a party of 2 is 40xp.

Therefor, two level 3 characters fighting a single level 3 creature should be a moderate encounter.

However, they still receive the full XP for the moderate encounter, which is 80xp.

The extension seems to be looking at the 80xp award and saying "this is an extreme encounter", which it should be looking at half that and saying it's a moderate encounter.

Screenshot 2023-03-12 091808.png

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdSign View Post
    I think there's a bug with the threat calculation on an encounter due to the difference between xp award and xp used to calcuate difficulty

Situation:

Party of two level 3 characters. Against a single level 3 creature, the XP reward would be 40xp.

A moderate encounter for a party of 2 is 40xp.

Therefor, two level 3 characters fighting a single level 3 creature should be a moderate encounter.

However, they still receive the full XP for the moderate encounter, which is 80xp.

The extension seems to be looking at the 80xp award and saying "this is an extreme encounter", which it should be looking at half that and saying it's a moderate encounter.
    Oh no, we just went over this whole mess. XD

Your confusion is understandable, but you are wrong here: "A moderate encounter for a party of 2 is 40xp. "

The budget for a moderate encounter for a party of 2 is 40XP. However, a moderate encounter is always worth 80XP, regardless of party size. If this weren't true, smaller parties would level up very slowly and large parties would level up too quickly.

I understand, but it should still be a "moderate" encounter. It's based on the 40xp, not the 80xp reward. Everything in the screenshot is correct except the "Threat" field. It's based on the award, not the budget

Build the encounter here and compare it to the screenshot:

https://maxiride.github.io/pf2e-encounters/#/

Thread Information