DICE PACKS BUNDLE

2E Activate / Deactivate tokens for FGC missing?

It has been awhile since I have been able to play Fantasy Grounds, I have not transitioned to FGU at this time. My group is still using FGC, one of the features that I liked as a DM was the ability to spawn the encounters so that the map is populated, but to flag the creatures as deactivated in the combat tracker. I no longer see the green check mark and red X in the map tool section. Is this a bug or was this option removed. I understand that FGC is not being updated, just curious. Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Felgar

Blog Entries
    I believe that functionality was removed. There may be an extension that replicates it, but Celestian would have to chime in on that one.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Felgar View Post
    It has been awhile since I have been able to play Fantasy Grounds, I have not transitioned to FGU at this time. My group is still using FGC, one of the features that I liked as a DM was the ability to spawn the encounters so that the map is populated, but to flag the creatures as deactivated in the combat tracker. I no longer see the green check mark and red X in the map tool section. Is this a bug or was this option removed. I understand that FGC is not being updated, just curious. Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Felgar
    Functionality was removed because to many people were removing pcs or npcs then not knowing what to do to bring them back. It was generating a lot of support and not because they were using it but because the functionality was causing problems for them.

It also was not working well with FGU in general due to it's ability to process medium number of tokens on them map. FGU would have significant latency with about 30-50 npcs even with various "caching" tests I ran.

Long term I hope they do something to improve FGU performance and number of tokens but for now it's not available. There is no 2E extension for this.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    I wait for the day that FGU can handle not just "more" than it currently does, but even simply just as much as FGC manages with older infrastructure and less access to available memory.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Celestian,

Thank you for the quick response. I thought that might have been the chase, as a few years ago I was one of those individuals who needed assistance with NPC and the Combat Tracker. Figured I was not the only one and that it was too much too support. But once I figured it out I was did use it, for whatever that is worth for any future development. Again thanks, for the support.

Felgar

Thread Information