DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Question about poison

I am looking at an NPC (jadeback beetle) and it says it has a 4th level Reduction poison (variability b). What does "variability b" mean?

Hi alloowishus,

It is explained in Creatures & Treasures section 7.0 Poisions and Their Effects. Basically the NPC level variability table that can be used to vary the NPC level can also be used to vary poison levels. The tables are rollable in the FG Tables section as Table 02-01 with a separate one for each of the level codes A to H.

Dakadin

Blog Entries
    Basically this gives each individual creature the possibility to have extra strong poison, or perhaps weaker than normal effects. It's a nice touch.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

an an update to OP, this is now a thing Dakadin built into the RMC ruleset!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Basically this gives each individual creature the possibility to have extra strong poison, or perhaps weaker than normal effects. It's a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Majyk View Post
    an an update to OP, this is now a thing Dakadin built into the RMC ruleset!
    It is only adjusting the level, hits, constitution and exhaustion if the option is turned on, so it isn't doing anything with poisons. That will still need to be done manually.

Thread Information