FG Spreadshirt Swag

/vsync setting not persistent?

Hi,

I'm running FGU 4.1.15 on macOS. By default, even with an empty campaign and no extensions, sitting idle, FGU consumes about 35% of my CPU and my fans usually start getting noticeably loud. Using /vsync 4 drops the CPU usage down to about 15% and the fan noise on my Mac goes away. Unfortunately, each time I launch FGU, the /vsync setting reverts to 1, and I'll often wonder why things are sluggish until I realize I forgot to change the vsync value to 4.

Is there any way to make the /vsync value persistent, similar to /scaleui?

Cheers,
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by MostTornBrain View Post
    Hi,

I'm running FGU 4.1.15 on macOS. By default, even with an empty campaign and no extensions, sitting idle, FGU consumes about 35% of my CPU and my fans usually start getting noticeably loud. Using /vsync 4 drops the CPU usage down to about 15% and the fan noise on my Mac goes away. Unfortunately, each time I launch FGU, the /vsync setting reverts to 1, and I'll often wonder why things are sluggish until I realize I forgot to change the vsync value to 4.

Is there any way to make the /vsync value persistent, similar to /scaleui?

Cheers,
    Brian
    I noticed this too.

That's weird, it looks like it was not that long ago:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post600880

Ok, I was finally able to track this down to one specific setting file not saving correctly only on Mac/Linux. I'll queue this up to fix with the next client build.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information