STAR TREK 2d20

I Created a Command Line Module Exporter

Ever wished you didn't have to go through Fantasy Grounds to export a campaign to a module? Would you like to automate module creation as part of your workflow? Well I've got the tool for you!

I've created a command line executable program that will take your campaign and export it to a .mod file. All you need to do is create a json configuration (don't worry, there's a comprehensive example linked below), then give the program that json file and your campaign directory and it will do all the hard work for you!

Download the latest version here

You can find documentation on how to set it up and use it here

So far I've done all of my testing with CoreRPG and D&D 5e rulesets. The converter is pretty flexible so it should handle anything else, but if other rulesets do something unique or different let me know and I'll update it to work. Bugs can be reported in this thread, or you can leave an issue on the github page, or message me on Discord (Saagael#5728).

There is only one thing the exporter doesn't currently handle that FG's internal exporter handles, and that's exporting record view. Everything else should be at parity: exporting specific or all records of a type, tokens, read-only, player modules, etc. That's all in there already.

The source code is available and anyone who wants to can contribute to the project can submit changes.

Updates:
    v2.0.3 - Fixed some bugs around exporting classes for 5e
    v2.0.0 - Moved some options out of the configuration file and into the command line to better integrate with automated workflows.
    v1.1.0 - Added support for the Ghost Writer extension
    Last edited by Saagael; March 22nd, 2022 at 18:37.

For anyone that uses github as source control for the modules they create, I've made a workflow that you can use in your repo to automatically build a module whenever you tag a commit with a version number. The action automatically exports your campaign to a module, creates a release, then uploads the .mod file to the release.

Here's the wiki page for the action

Thread Information