DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

How to create custom effect to apply cover bonuses to armor

Hello all. Anyone know how to create a custom effect to apply bonus protection to armor for PCs or NPCs who are hiding behind full cover. For example, the rules say that someone hiding behind a tree would get a +6 bonus armor protection to armor if they are hit by a shot. How can I create a custom effect to apply that? Thanks in advance.

Think the Cover Bonus Protection list in the combat chapter should be added as table in FB with drag/drop modifiers.
    Mabe can be add in the 2022 rulebook update?
    Last edited by Boldtaar; March 14th, 2022 at 15:58.

i added it as a request on the feature request thread, yesterday, over here - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-wanted/page32

still interested in how to do this with a custom effect until then. I know i can simply add a negative modifier to the dice rolls manually, but would be cool if i could simply drag and drop effects.
    Last edited by thoringard; March 14th, 2022 at 22:43.

Yes. I have previously added a request to get a Traveller page in the FG wiki where we could get a list of available variables for mod/effects similar to the DnD page
    Last edited by Boldtaar; March 14th, 2022 at 16:57.

Quote Originally Posted by thoringard View Post
    still interested in how to do this with a custom effect until then. I know i can simply add a negative modifier to the dice rolls manually, but would be cool if i could simply drag and drop modifiers.
    Add custom modifiers in the campaign modifier list. See below for an example - I took these from your post in the features wanted thread, I haven't checked if these are exactly what would be required, but you should be able to get the idea from these examples:

Then you can click the +- button to add the modifier to the modifier stack before rolling.

You can also export these to a module, enabling you to load the same modifiers in each of your campaigns.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 14th, 2022 at 16:34.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It's not DM modifier is a armor bonus. Think it need to be a Effect to add armor

I would like to be able to write my own effects like I would in 5e.
    AC: 6;cover pallets. Apply the effect and Boom.
    Unfortunately that doesn't work in Traveller and I haven't been able to figure out the correct syntax.
    There's nothing in the Wiki and everything is in the vault so can't look at any of the mods.

That is what we need. YES!!!!

I know i can create custom modifiers to add or subtract from the attack roll or damage - but "cover" applies a bonus to the armor and I dont know what syntax is needed to apply that type of bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by thoringard View Post
    I know i can create custom modifiers to add or subtract from the attack roll or damage - but "cover" applies a bonus to the armor and I dont know what syntax is needed to apply that type of bonus.
    Sorry, I was specifically replying to your comment "I know i can simply add a negative modifier to the dice rolls manually, but would be cool if i could simply drag and drop modifiers." Which seemed to be asking for a way to drag/drop modifiers - which is essentially what the custom modifiers are. Thanks for clarifying that isn't what you're looking for, sorry for my misunderstanding.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information