5E Character Create Playlist

Thread: Layers Palette?

Layers Palette?

I have a suggestion for the developers of Fantasy grounds.

I was just tinkering around with some graphics in Photoshop - as you do when your day job is a graphic designer - and a little light bulb went off in my head...

"How cool would it be to have a layers palette as a Game master, just like my Layers palette in Photoshop!"

That way I could put some certain tokens on one layer and hide it, or show it, and I could put other tokens on another layer (like tree tops or the roofs of buildings over the inside map of a building) and hide or show them when needed. Have layers that players could effect and layers that players could not effect, use a layer for effects, another for monsters, etc...

I'm pretty certain this idea has been raised before - but I'd like to see what the Fantasy Grounds developers themselves think about it?
    Tailz, the Artist of Studio WyldFurr
    Follow Studio WyldFurr on Twitter, Facebook, and the studio web site.
    "The London Underground, is not a resistance movement!"

This is a great idea. We could use such a feature to create room tile tokens tht could be placed on one layer and locked by the GM and the players could place their tokens on a Player layer with creatures being placed on a third by the GM.

This is an awesome idea, and one that I have been really hoping they'd implement. You could make reusable, generic maps, then use tokens to place objects to make a given area unique.

Thread Information