Starfinder Playlist

Any way to trigger "/debug on" on launch of a campaign?

Hi,

I have an extension under development that is misbehaving when my campaign launches. The "/debug on" chat feature is very handy as it shows the Lua call stack when an error occurs rather than just the single line that caused the error, however, since the issue happens before I can type anything in the chat window, I can't get the details of how my function got triggered. Is there any way to launch a campaign with this debug mode enabled so I can see more details about how one of my functions is getting called on launch?

Thank you for any clarification.

Cheers,
    Brian

PS: I can't find any documentation on the /debug chat command and can't remember how I learned of it. I think I might have accidentally stumbled across it when I misremembered the chat command for bringing up the debug console (i.e. /console) and I typed "/debug" instead and got a message that came back "Usage: /debug on|off". It's extremely helpful as a debugging aid, both with the call stack info and the reporting of element details as you hover over them.

Once you turn it on, it is always on. So, after you load your campaign and turn on debug, just return to the launcher, and restart your campaign with the extension.

Personally, I often use Debug.console messages to check scripts and panels that are misbehaving during initialization.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Once you turn it on, it is always on. So, after you load your campaign and turn on debug, just return to the launcher, and restart your campaign with the extension.
    Oh wow! I totally missed that behavior. I had been quitting FGU completely and restarting. Thanks! That's exactly what I needed to do.

Cheers,
    Brian

Thread Information