FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    I think i get bmos' extension better now but I can't seem to get the simple
    Code:
    ActionsManager.registerResultHandler("meleecrit", onRoll);  
    onMelee_old = ActionMelee.onMelee
    	ActionMelee.onMelee = onMelee_new
    to recognize onMelee_new; it is just rolling the normal onMelee I think. (it's a normal roll, which is good, but it isn't even looking into _new (debug doesn't show it is).
    I may have to go back to the other version and clean that one up and call that good enough because this is version is starting to make me sad .
    Anybody want a peanut!

Quote Originally Posted by Fezzik Buttercup View Post
    The one your using right now Seycrus was actually inspired off Celestian's AudioOverseer...
    Re-reading my post made me realize that I might have been confusing. Celestian is going to look at fixing HIS extension. He has no idea about the conflict between his extension and yours.
    Last edited by seycyrus; March 30th, 2022 at 23:22.

Nope, you were clear; I was just making a comment in fun that that critical ext. you are using was using Overseer as an inspiration (which was made by him)

Edit:
    Also, I think it's rolling twice; I didn't test it with a PC in the campaign (just using the host ie. gm). I'm trying to fix it. When I get it looking better, rolling right, and maybe rolling off a module table instead of a script table I'll try to repost it. I might start a new thread too.

edit edit: I can't seem to reliably reproduce it; I think it might be just rolling a smidge too fast or something else; it occasionally spits out two rolls, but only one proper critical message. Let me know if it happens

edit edit edit!
    (omg!)
    Ok, apparently the see GM rolls doesn't have to be on for this to work (AudioOverseer did, but this doesn't; must be something else that caused it); it still rolls a gm roll, but the players doesn't show the gm roll
    GM view.png
    Player view.png
    If anyone gets a chance to test this with more than one person, lemme know! (I can run and be a player once with ultimate)

editx4 : maybe the gm rolls do have to be off... puttering around to see if I can get hitlocations working on the chat version without continually rolling hit locations and overflowing the buffer.
    Last edited by Fezzik Buttercup; April 1st, 2022 at 02:30.
    Anybody want a peanut!

Fezzik just for you to be aware, your extension is working wonderfully, I did a simulated combat and there were some critical (hit and miss) and the rolls happened magically.

Thanks Yako,
    Let me know if you see any bugs like the gm seeing 2 rolls and the player only seeing one. I'm not even sure why that is happening, or where to look for it. I'd REALLY rather it wasn't looking at chat and I could use the onMelee function but I've had no luck getting that version to function (so to speak) properly without something messing up. I might have to dig deeper into the Gamesystem to see if I can figure out why it will call [MELEE] on the hotbar but blows a gasket when you use the character sheet directly.
    Anybody want a peanut!

I did the tests on the same machine, but I'll test on a different PC and then I'll give you a feedback.

Check the GM, and multiple players; players may see two rolls, but the GM's may remain hidden. I only have one PC so I can only test a GM and a player (I think). The GM may see two rolls with the GM roll being just a roll with no information.
    There is a chance that I did something to the code while I was editing other things that caused it; I'm semi smart and copied the code before I started manipulating it again.
    I'm not as good a boy as I should be an writting down all the changes as I make them, so that's probably not helping me at all
    Anybody want a peanut!

I need to put a disk in my other PC, but in theory it would be a PC (GM) and 2 Mac's (Players).

Fezzik, in fact the move is doubled, I wouldn't say doubled, but when a critical hit (hit or miss) it rolls to the NPC and to the players in the combat tracker, I'll test as soon as the notes are ready if this roll happens for everyone the connected ones or if it happens for those who are in the combat tracker.

D'oh. I thought maybe if I switched it to addChatMessage from deliverChatMessage it would solve the problem, but now the GM sees one critical message and the player sees a different one

And they both see different hit locations.... * cries, sobs and curls up in a ball *

I'll see if using deliver for both solves some of it.
    Anybody want a peanut!

Thread Information