DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Unable to add ships to PC ships window

As of the last update I don't seem to be able to add starships from the Ships window into the PC ships window.

I do seem to be able to create a new ship, I just can't drag and drop an existing ship to the window. I already had a PC ship in that window, but I was unable to assign PC's as crew other than as passengers, and when I deleted the ship from the PC ships window, I now cannot re-add it.

Is there some special trick to adding a PC ship?

Have you attempted the steps provided in the wiki?

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...tarship+Combat
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Have you attempted the steps provided in the wiki?

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...tarship+Combat
    I have been following the wiki. The article you linked starts with 1. Create your own ship. This I can do. The problem is that the AP for Attack of the Swarm (amongst others) includes ships for the PC's to use already pre-generated. I want the players to be able to use the Terminus Wild as provided in the AP. But I can't add it to the PC ships list. The Wiki article doesn't discuss adding ships to the PC ship list in any other way than creating them yourself from scratch. I was hoping to skip the whole step of having to copy out the stats for the Terminus Wild.

It would seem to me that if the ruleset is going to have a special list for PC ships, it would be as easy to import pre-existing ships as it would be to allow the GM to create their own.
    Last edited by Sagan; March 11th, 2022 at 16:23.

All PC ships currently need to be created. There is no conversion for NPC starships to PC ship except by doing it manually and building the ship as a PC ship. So if you can create a PC ship, then you simply add it to the Partysheet and this will allow you to add crew and keep track of the ships inventory. If the crew comprises of PCs then they would change the role on the ship on their character sheets. The GM can change the role of NPCs that you have on the ship. Then for combat, you drag the ship from the Partysheet for it to link and have the player's actions be registered and be done from their sheets.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Just want to say thank you for the existence of this thread, I hadn't made the link between the Party Sheet ship roles and the individual ship roles selected on character sheets, and at least for me the wiki wasn't totally clear on that point, so it was much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by victorged View Post
    Just want to say thank you for the existence of this thread, I hadn't made the link between the Party Sheet ship roles and the individual ship roles selected on character sheets, and at least for me the wiki wasn't totally clear on that point, so it was much appreciated.
    I'm sorry that the wiki wasn't a great resource. If you can let us know what it lacks, I can then pass it along to our Wiki Guru to update it.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information