DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Update 4.1.14: Shotgun damage is broken

Hi all,

If you try to roll a shotgun damage (like "up to 3d6") you will get the following console error: "[3/9/2022 10:07:10 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_rolls.lua"]:772: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got no value)".
    Nébula Rol

So you dare to cross the Veil… Oh, adventurer! Do you think there won’t be consequences, perhaps?

Sakrynia: The Land of Tears

Can you provide me with some details on where you are rolling from? (i.e. steps to reproduce)

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Can you provide me with some details on where you are rolling from? (i.e. steps to reproduce)

Thanks,
    JPG
    Sure. Just create a new campaign for Savage Worlds Adventure, create a player character and add a shotgun to inventory.

Then, click on Combat tab and roll damage. You will get the console error message every time.

Do you want the logs compilation?
    Nébula Rol

So you dare to cross the Veil… Oh, adventurer! Do you think there won’t be consequences, perhaps?

The heavy weapon modifier is also broken.

If you set a weapon's damage to
    Code:
    2d6 HW
    it used to roll the damage properly and apply the heavy weapon effect.

Now it display an empty damage box for the weapon in the combat tab and gives the error "bad argument #1 to ipairs". It still puts the HW badge on the damage box properly.

You can work around this by setting damage to
    Code:
    2d6+0 HW
    Bonus damage works properly with heavy weapon, thus the work around works.

Confirmed adding HW breaks it now in more ways
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    If you set a weapon's damage to
    Code:
    2d6 HW
    it used to roll the damage properly and apply the heavy weapon effect.

Now it display an empty damage box for the weapon in the combat tab and gives the error "bad argument #1 to ipairs". It still puts the HW badge on the damage box properly.

You can work around this by setting damage to
    Code:
    2d6+0 HW
    Bonus damage works properly with heavy weapon, thus the work around works.
    Ironically in the last Pathfinder playtest up on twitch. I get a melee weapon with
    Code:
    Str+1d10 HW
    to roll as just 1d10
    The expected behaviour of HW has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by g0ntzal View Post
    If you try to roll a shotgun damage (like "up to 3d6") you will get the following console error: "[3/9/2022 10:07:10 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_rolls.lua"]:772: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got no value)".
    In vehicle combat damage thrown with HW also generates [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_rolls.lua"]:772: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got no value). This why I suspect the same route cause here.
    Last edited by Lonewolf; March 11th, 2022 at 11:29.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

post deleted and rolled into code above for clarity
    Last edited by Lonewolf; March 11th, 2022 at 11:31.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

Hopefully we will get the fixes soon…
    Nébula Rol

This currently has a fix queued in the Test/beta channel, as noted in the Laboratory forum.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    This currently has a fix queued in the Test/beta channel, as noted in the Laboratory forum.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks Moon Wizard, my workaround for shotgun broken damage is to roll it manually but I can't wait for the fix.
    Nébula Rol

Thread Information