DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Dice Tower not working in Alien RPG

Summary: When players roll in the dice tower it does not display their dice roll and always returns a fail

Ruleset(s): ALIEN RPG

Extensions/Themes: NONE

Modules Loaded: Alien RPG, Colonial Marines Operation Manual, Destroyer of Worlds, Chariot of the Gods

Operating System / Language Setting: Windows 10 and Windows 11

Steps to Reproduce:

Roll or push any check into the dice tower from the main tab (and I have been informed) from combat tab as the player.
    Error occurs 100% of the time, a similar error also occurs/occurred in Vaesen RPG (haven't tried since the last patch)

I'm not familiar with that system.

When I create a new character, put some numbers in the abilities/skills and drag to the dice tower, I get a roll to the chat window. If I click the Push button on the desktop, it automatically rolls; and there is no way to drag.

Can you walk me through the steps to see the issue you are seeing? (Assume I know nothing about this system.)

Thanks,
    JPG

NOTE: Moved to Alien RPG forum; so the DLC developers can see as well.

When looking at the code, several of the buttons that initiate rolls have not been set up to use dragging, and thus wouldn't be able to be dragged to the dice tower. I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to; but wanted to throw out what I found.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for the report. I am not able to reproduce this issue on my end. Clean campaign, I am able to drag & drop attribute and skill rolls to the dice tower and receive the outcome, screen shot attached.

Do you have some extension loaded? If yes - which extensions
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I have had this happen to me too. I will watch for it and attempt to reproduce.

Ok, I think we sorted out all bugs with the dice tower we could find. Update was pushed today, but since it is weekend I expect to land on Monday. Thanks for your patience.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thank you tested from Combat Tab and Active Equipment and the Dice Tower now seems to be working perfectly. Will make it much easier for SM's to run games like Chariot of the Gods where you don't want everyone to see everyone else's rolls

Thank you once again for this amazing rule set.

Thread Information