DICE PACKS BUNDLE

noob rules-in-the-software question

Hi. My understanding is that when you buy content DLC (adventures or rule books) those rules are applied in game. Am I understanding that correctly? If so, does this mean it is impossible to use homebrew rules because RAW is automatically applied? Thanks for any help.

Welcome to the FG forums.

Depending on the RPG system you'll be using there are various levels of automation available. FG is flexible and allows for a lot of house rules (with manual input/intervention) but there could be some base automation that may require more intervention than other areas, depending on exactly what you're wanting to do.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Welcome.

Yes & no, when you buy the rule books, the content is in game. But, FG generally does not force rule compliance. i.e. you can add extra known spells, or more spell slots, or change the attack modifier, etc.

One of the strength of FG is its ability to create your own homebrew and modules of content. For example, here's a video on how to create a homebrew class in D&D 5E; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV0vH1eeUZM

What type of homebrew and for what game are you interested in?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for the feedback!

Not heavy homebrew, just some house rules for Pathfinder 1e, including, but not limited too, The Elephant in the Room. Also tweaks of a few rules to make content designed for 4 players work well for 3 players without having to adjust the CR of every encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCold View Post
    Thanks for the feedback!

Not heavy homebrew, just some house rules for Pathfinder 1e, including, but not limited too, The Elephant in the Room. Also tweaks of a few rules to make content designed for 4 players work well for 3 players without having to adjust the CR of every encounter.
    The Pathfinder 1e ruleset is pretty open, so you should be able to handle most house rules manually.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

If you run into any issues, the Pathfinder FG forum is the place to ask.
    There's a pretty active community there (and lots of excellent free modules and extensions).
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...er-1st-Edition

Thread Information