GI JOE RPG Launch

Token Can Go Past Wall Occluder to the Top But Not at Bottom or Sides

I have a map I have created using Dungeon Alchemist and they have an export feature that adds occluders. It's a big timesaver but I have run into a problem. When the token is moved up against the wall occluder at the top, it can go part way past it and the player can see outside the occluder into the void and other rooms that may be nearly. When it is moved against wall occluders to the sides and the bottom it cannot go past them.

I have deleted the occluders and replaced them manually with the same effect. The effect is the same whether it is I, as DM, move the token or a player moves it.

I have included screenshots so you can see what I am seeing.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Can you please post a copy of your campaign folder; and let us know which image is affected as well as place a token nearby to test?

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by ppostel View Post
    I have a map I have created using Dungeon Alchemist and they have an export feature that adds occluders. It's a big timesaver but I have run into a problem. When the token is moved up against the wall occluder at the top, it can go part way past it and the player can see outside the occluder into the void and other rooms that may be nearly. When it is moved against wall occluders to the sides and the bottom it cannot go past them.

I have deleted the occluders and replaced them manually with the same effect. The effect is the same whether it is I, as DM, move the token or a player moves it.

I have included screenshots so you can see what I am seeing.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks in advance.
    I would purpose it could be a possible 'gap' or an unattached line between the red wall occluder and the yellow portal or window occulder in the corner where the actual line vertices meet. I cannot tell with the screen shoot unless you turn off the yellow window frame.
    LoS Error_Data.png
    FG Unity Dealing with Doors (1).png
    Last edited by Laerun; March 7th, 2022 at 01:59. Reason: spelling errors, clarity
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

http://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

I've seen an issue similar to yours where tokens can see through a wall occluder when the grid and the occluder line up just right. This thread may be related to your issue.

One workaround that's worked for me previously is nudging the grid position slightly: Unlock the image > Grid > Nudge Up (0.1).

@ppostel,

Thanks for the campaign files. Can you tell me which image is the one you were looking at above that had a problem?

Thanks,
    JPG

The one called Ancient Crypt. Apologies, I thought I had mentioned that in my DM to you.

That indeed was the issue. The token can still go past the occluder a bit but it now blocks LOS. Appreciate the suggestion, Ecks!

Moon Wizard, if you move the grid line just a bit off of the occluder it corrects the issue, albeit the token can still move past the occluder partly.

Thanks for the additional info. I've already asked our image developer, @cpinder, to take a look at it this week.

Regards,
    JPG

Hello again Moon Wizard.

I thought I'd let you know that, on the same image record, it is only the wall occluder that allows tokens to go partly past. I just tried it with both window and door occluders and both occluders stop the token cold. Hope this helps!

Thanks!

- Paul

Thread Information