DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Wild Shape and Shape Changing

Is there any way in SWADE core or Pathfinder SWADE to handle shape changing right now? I had an extension that handled that in 5e and I'm just not sure what I'd do if someone was playing a Druid in SWADE currently.

i just usually have my players keep the altered for as an ally in there character sheets so they can roll the appropriates trait rolls, as for combat i just add that form as an ally as well to the ct and have the enemies target it instead of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlli View Post
    i just usually have my players keep the altered for as an ally in there character sheets so they can roll the appropriates trait rolls, as for combat i just add that form as an ally as well to the ct and have the enemies target it instead of the character.
    Thanks. Yeah, I considered approaching it that way. It’s just a shame we don’t have something similar to the polymorph extension on 5e. It would be nice to have it be seamless and have to e player be able to fully control the altered form.

My solution is similar to Lawlli.

I have a player who happens to be a spellcaster with both Shapechange and Summon Ally.

For Summon Ally we added every possible Ally to his Ally list and when he casts it, we add it to the combat tracker attached to his character. Thus it acts when its turn arrives. I manually create a duration effect on the Ally at this time for it s duration.

The Self ally has all skills calculated and is updated manually on advances.

For Shapechange, we created some common shapes that he likes, added those to his Ally list and when he Shapechanges, the new shape is added just like an Ally - we just remember to skip his main character's turn in this case.
    Thanks In Advance,
    D

You can use effects to achieve this. That's how I did it in my game.

On the player's character sheet, add an item to the inventory tab (mundane tab).

Give it a name, like
    Shape - Cougar

Open the item information, and add effects like this:
    Code:
    [Agility =3d, Strength =3d, Vigor =3d, Fighting =3d, Parry =6, Stealth =3d, Size =2, Armor +2, Toughness +2, Ignore #Dim #Dark, $LowLightVision]
    When the character assumes that shape, equip the item. The effects will kick in. Unequip when returning to normal shape.
    This allows you to have multiple shapes queued.

Here's what the shape changer character looks like:
    shapechange.jpg
    (He's currently a primordial bear, but cougar info is displayed.)

If I made a shape change extension, would it get much use? Do people use the shape change power in games often?

@Mike Serfass

With your effects option (which is pretty cool BTW), how do you handle other things on the character that should not work - for example the amulet of Shooting +1d.

Does the player have to unequip all of his gear?
    Thanks In Advance,
    D

One of my players has created shape FX for EVERY monster in the SWPF bestiary, I need somewhere to post it so all can access it and we can tweak it to optimal mode then I'll create a module and add it to the ruleset.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    You can use effects to achieve this. That's how I did it in my game.

On the player's character sheet, add an item to the inventory tab (mundane tab).

Give it a name, like
    Shape - Cougar

Open the item information, and add effects like this:
    Code:
    [Agility =3d, Strength =3d, Vigor =3d, Fighting =3d, Parry =6, Stealth =3d, Size =2, Armor +2, Toughness +2, Ignore #Dim #Dark, $LowLightVision]
    When the character assumes that shape, equip the item. The effects will kick in. Unequip when returning to normal shape.
    This allows you to have multiple shapes queued.

Here's what the shape changer character looks like:
    shapechange.jpg
    (He's currently a primordial bear, but cougar info is displayed.)
    If we could have tokens linked to effects....

@UrsaTeddy: Yes, the player has to unequip whatever shouldn't work. Our games aren't gear heavy, so it's not too bad for us.

@Doswelk: That would be cool to share!

Thread Information