DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Dice Tower issues

Last Friday we played a CoC7e game I had CoC7e ruleset, and Pulp rules enabled, and things were going well, in fact the players were having a fantastic time rolling some extreme successes , which was all great until we noticed that someting was wrong. Whenever players rolled a skill, for example "spot Hidden", into the Dice Tower they were getting a result of less than 10 every time, the dice roll in the Tower was rolling a zero on one of the two d100 ten sided dice. Has anyone else noticed this? I havent seen any reference to this on the forum or in the update notes.
    Cthulhu...in my club, without a tie?!!

Blog Entries
    FGU uses a different method for roll d100's than FGC did. Sounds like that issue and it just wasn't caught until now. But, I don't have the ruleset so can't check. Make sure it duplicates in a new campaign with no extensions and will probably need the ruleset dev to look into.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for reporting. I have been looking at the CoC7 code to see if I can help the developers get that squared away for FGU approach to dice.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    FGU uses a different method for roll d100's than FGC did. Sounds like that issue and it just wasn't caught until now. But, I don't have the ruleset so can't check. Make sure it duplicates in a new campaign with no extensions and will probably need the ruleset dev to look into.
    Thanks for your reply, I have done as you said, and yesterday created a new campaign with the CoC7e ruleset, with no extensions or themes added. One of my players joined the session and we tried to roll using the Dice Tower
    I have taken screen shots of the dialogue in the chatbox to show the result when I as GM rolled into the tower, GMview.JPG and my player rolled into the tower PlayersView.JPG we also rolled straight d100s not using the dice tower for comparison.

This appears to be a bug that has emerged since the update last week, as up to that point we have been using the Dice Tower without issues.
    I dont know if this is significant but when the Player rolls into the Dice tower the dice expression is d10 + t100 (not d100)
    Last edited by Shapeshifter1923; March 9th, 2022 at 12:20.

As the player I'm quite happy for this bug to remain

Blog Entries
    See Moon's reply just after mine. This is a bug, they are working on fixing it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

We use the tower for skill rolls where players wouldn't know whether they've failed to "Spot Hidden" or that there is nothing hidden to spot. The ruleset shows me whether the spending of luck will make it a success or not, and how much they need to spend, but I normally only ask players if they want to spend luck for somehting like this after the entire party have tried to succeed.

There's a version in the Test/beta channel to address this. Hopefully to be released in the next week or so.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information