STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Can't scale tokens

I have the current version of Fantasy Grounds (DM version) and in the combat tracker, when I assign tokens, I can't seem to scale them. I have followed the instructions (hover over the token, spin the mouse wheel and see the increments appear in a bubble).

Everything else works fine except this. I can size maps using the mouse wheel so I don't think it is a mouse issue. I am still on Windows XP (latest patches) so it isn't a Vista issue.

I can assign tokens. When I hover over the token, I get no increment bubble and absolutely nothing happens when I spin the mouse wheel.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Does holding shift alt or ctrl have any effect? - one of those keys should change it to integer increments (1,2,3) but if you don;t get fractional increments then this probably wouldn't work.

Have you dragged the token from the combat tracker onto a map before trying to scale it on the combat tracker? (not sure if that matters...)
    Work Less, Game More!

Do you have the grid up on the map? I think you need it for scaling to work.

rv

Thanks. That was the exact problem - I was not using the grid because the maps I am using already have a grid on them as part of the image.

When I overlayed the program grid overtop of my map grid (not a perfect matchup but it worked), I can now size tokens.

Thanks for the tip.

Regards,

Del

I have the GM version as well and none of these tricks work for me, I get no bubble when hovering over the tokens, and the mouse wheel just rotates them.

You have to have the token linked on the combat tracker, and then you hover over the token in the tracker and use the mouse wheel there.

Hmmm, I got that to work for 3.5, but it will not work with the Savage Worlds ruleset.

Seem to work for me. Make sure you drag the token from the combat tracker onto a map with a grid on it and then try to size it.

ok works, thanks, that is truly a pain.

I wonder why the mouse wheel rotates instead of scales the icon, when there are icons in the radial menu for rotating but not scaling.

Edit

I found the "function onWheel(notches)" section in the combattracker_token.lua file, and was hoping I could somehow edit out the section that rotates the icon with the mousewheel in whatever file that handles the images section/display, but I can't seem to find it. Is it part of the main program?
    Last edited by Oswyn; October 9th, 2007 at 00:21.

I have the same problem with the C&C ruleset. Can't seem to scale tokens. I have followed the directions listed in this thread (place token in combat tracker, place on mad with grid). Using the mouse wheel only rotates the token. I get nothing visible for scaling it. Any help is appreciated.

Thread Information