Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order
  1. #1

    Playing scenarios from JTAS

    Hi, I don't know if I'm being thick but I can't see any way to play the scenarios in the Travellers Aid Society Journals.

    If I buy, for instance, Call of Cthulhu Secrets of San Francisco I can play the adventures listed there.

    I've bought JTAS 1 and 2 but all I can do is then activate them. I can't load the scenarios included. I can look at them as a reference manual but that's it. Any ideas?

    Apologies if this has been asked and answered but I looked and couldn't find anything.

  2. #2
    Have you loaded in the module?
    Then you should be able to open the reference manual.
    The is no story table for the JTAS modules
    Skärmklipp.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Boldtaar; March 4th, 2022 at 22:10.

  3. #3
    damned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    26,818
    Blog Entries
    1
    If its an adventure then the current conversion guidelines recommend that you use Story - including the Reference Manual is optional and should be in addition to the Story entries. This may change in the future but it is still current guidelines (AFAIK).

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Boldtaar View Post
    Have you loaded in the module?
    Then you should be able to open the reference manual.
    The is no story table for the JTAS modules
    Skärmklipp.JPG
    Hi, yes loaded the module but the scenarios are unplayable which I think sucks a bit.

  5. #5
    Nope, nothing under story mode I'm afraid.

    The JTAS series are not an adventure per se but are accessories which contain adventures so I would have thought that the adventures should be playable as a story.

    As I mentioned if you buy (for Call of Cthulhu7E) any of the 'Secrets of' accessory series the adventures included within that accessory are available as separate modules to load and play, surely the adventures included within the Traveller accessories should also be available, no?

    Sorry meant as a reply to @damned

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Oladahn View Post
    Nope, nothing under story mode I'm afraid.

    The JTAS series are not an adventure per se but are accessories which contain adventures so I would have thought that the adventures should be playable as a story.

    As I mentioned if you buy (for Call of Cthulhu7E) any of the 'Secrets of' accessory series the adventures included within that accessory are available as separate modules to load and play, surely the adventures included within the Traveller accessories should also be available, no?

    Sorry meant as a reply to @damned
    Unfortunately the line developer has recently contracted Covid and might not be online for a bit. He's pretty good at making things work that aren't working as they should. So he is sure to see it, you might want to mention it in the 'Traveller Features wanted' thread as well.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Unfortunately the line developer has recently contracted Covid and might not be online for a bit. He's pretty good at making things work that aren't working as they should. So he is sure to see it, you might want to mention it in the 'Traveller Features wanted' thread as well.
    Thanks, will do.

  8. #8
    damned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    26,818
    Blog Entries
    1
    Also you should be able to run an adventure from the reference manual.
    There is plenty of discussion about dropping Stories for Reference Manuals as Reference Manuals have some features that Story doesnt (note that while there is discussion its not from SmiteWorks but from community developers).

  9. #9
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    33,657
    As mentioned, run the adventure from the reference manual. Any NPCs and other data needed to run the adventure, that are in the original product, should be in the module.

    I don't have the FG product, but I do have the original. For this product, there are two adventures. Based off the PDF they are:
    1. The Ship in the Lake. 8 pages, 1 map, 1 image.
    2. Embassy in Arms. 5 pages. 1 subsector map. 1 image.


    This should all be contained in the reference manual. Top open an image in a separate window click on the image in the reference manual. Making the adventures completely playable. If this information is not present, then that is different and the dev will need to investigate.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  10. #10
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    33,657
    Further info - looking at the screenshots of the product page here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...GP40027TRVMG2E

    The second screenshot shows there are some story entries and the examples shown include a couple from the "Embassy in Arms" adventure - the story entries can be accessed from the "Story" button in the sidebar - click on the (All) Group list at the top of the Story list window and select the product name to show story entries for that product. What is missing is a link to the stories in the library window for this product.

    The fifth and eighth screenshots show that the two adventures are in the Reference Manual.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Fantasy Grounds Merchandise

Log in

Log in