STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    see the post immediately above yours
    Throws this errer

Code:
    [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_gamesystem2.lua"]:2: attempt to index global 'CharEncumbranceManager' (a nil value)

manager_gamesystem2.lua would be a script that you provided; since it's not part of any included ruleset. So, look in your own ruleset files for that file, and look at that line.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    manager_gamesystem2.lua would be a script that you provided; since it's not part of any included ruleset. So, look in your own ruleset files for that file, and look at that line.

Regards,
    JPG
    No such file in my ruleset...

Quote Originally Posted by bloodylemming View Post
    No such file in my ruleset...
    I think you need to provide a bit more information of what it is you're you're trying to accomplish and how you're going about it.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I think you need to provide a bit more information of what it is you're you're trying to accomplish and how you're going about it.
    I'm following along, Damned's video (Part 018 - White Lies - Inventory Tab) and in the comments he points to this thread. I'm unsure what this handles, with respect to the update to FG in February. I had hoped this helps deal with the replacement/modifications of elements on the Inventory Tab, as mine looks like a mess, at the moment...

One of the best things you can do is use the find file function in the development program you prefer. For instance you can unpack any ruleset and look for " CharEncumbranceManager.addStandardCalc();".

You can see how other core rpg rulesets handled it.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodylemming View Post
    I'm following along, Damned's video (Part 018 - White Lies - Inventory Tab) and in the comments he points to this thread. I'm unsure what this handles, with respect to the update to FG in February. I had hoped this helps deal with the replacement/modifications of elements on the Inventory Tab, as mine looks like a mess, at the moment...
    All CharEncumbranceManager.addStandardCalc(); does is use the standard calculation for encumbrance - adding together the item weights (and coins if the option is set) and then setting it in the total weight field.

It doesn't sound like this is going to fix an inventory tab that looks like a mess.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    All CharEncumbranceManager.addStandardCalc(); does is use the standard calculation for encumbrance - adding together the item weights (and coins if the option is set) and then setting it in the total weight field.

It doesn't sound like this is going to fix an inventory tab that looks like a mess.
    Ah, okay. Yea, haven't gotten far enough to determine if the calculation is going to be a problem.
    Thankyou kindly.

Sorry to be so dense, but I'm just not picking up what is being laid down...

First off, to preemptively answer a question that might come up - Q: "What are you trying to accomplish?"

A: I have reproduced CoreRPG's charsheet_inventory in my ruleset, and I can populate its inventorylist with 'Items', just fine. The 'weight' fields correctly reflect the weights of the various items just added. However, the 'encumbranceload' field (on charsheet_inventory) doesn't update with a total. I want that field updated appropriately.

So, if someone could clarify the instructions from above (what to create, and then how, and from where, to invoke it), I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

- s.west

Blog Entries
    create a new file called scripts/manager_gamesystem2.lua
    register it in base.xml like this:
    <script name="GameSystem2" file="scripts/manager_gamesystem2.lua" />

and add this content
    Code:
    function onInit()
        CharEncumbranceManager.addStandardCalc();
    end

Thread Information