5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Well flip me and dip me...

The Good News:

It turns out that I had already accomplished everything that you just told me to do... but I never tried it out, because I didn't realize that RSW had already taken care of the base.xml step you mentioned. I figured that there was still something I was missing, because I couldn't imagine how the onInit() was firing.

Bottom Line: The "Total weight carried" field now correctly reflects the values present in the inventorylist.

Thanks, guys!!!

The Bad News:

The CoreRPG code that handles this is completely incomprehensible to me... I tracked down the various keywords (encumbrance.load, setEncumbranceField(), addStandardCalc(), etc.) yet I have not the faintest idea how any of it does what it does.

Unfortunately, as you are probably already aware, this is not the first bit of CoreRPG/FG functionality that has eluded me (and is not likely to be the last).

Nevertheless, IT WORKS! So I shan't dwell on my inadequacies, but instead will move on to the Next Big Thing, whatever that turns out to be.
    Last edited by swest; September 20th, 2022 at 00:27.

Though damned, thou art wise.

Also, to use the standard load calculator, your encumbrance total field must point to the character node with the following source path ("encumbrance.load")

From 5E inventory page; <number_static name="encumbranceload" source="encumbrance.load">.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information