STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 24 First 123412 ... Last
    Well spotted; I'll get that fixed in time for next week's updates.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I'm interested in picking these up, but even though they say they are 5e compatible, I can't just drop them into either of my current 5e campaigns. Is this correct? What about starting from a brand new campaign, but with loading the WOTC sources as well. Or are these a completely separate ruleset, that is just based on 5e DnD?

It isn't a separate ruleset; but there is an extension which allows many of the features in Advanced 5e to work. So you can drop it into an existing campaign as long as you enable the extension.

See the videos in the first post to get an idea of the differences.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I've been checking the system and I really like it, but I have a question. How do you roll the expertise die?

SW really needs to clearly mark LU content as seperate from normal 5E. Especially on the Steam pages. It should appear under its own heading/list rahter than co-mingled with standard 5e stuff...

On steam it currently shows as "5E compatible" when it isn't really. It's just derived from the 5e ruleset.

Same thing should be done with any of the other sets that are derived from a base. You don't see 5E posted as a core system, even though it is derived from it...

Removes confusion, and avoids upset customers.

I’m so pleased that LEVEL UP is part of fantasy grounds now. In character creation I noticed something that needs to be fixed.

When creating a fighter character and I attempted to add combat Maneuvers there was no way to drag and drop the particular choices. The link lead me to the reference document which of course the text is not selectable. So it looks like each maneuver needs to be made into a draggable choice like an item to be brought into the character. I have to say that I did invest $60 in both the adventure and monsters book and this seems like an obvious omission. I hope there’s a plan to bring this in because otherwise making the character would be a manual painstaking process. I buy these digital versions so that this character creation is more automated.
    If I missed something and there is indeed some way to do what I’m saying then please let me know.
    Enjoying LEVEL UP except of course for this so far.

Quote Originally Posted by gamemasterbob View Post
    I’m so pleased that LEVEL UP is part of fantasy grounds now. In character creation I noticed something that needs to be fixed.

When creating a fighter character and I attempted to add combat Maneuvers there was no way to drag and drop the particular choices. The link lead me to the reference document which of course the text is not selectable. So it looks like each maneuver needs to be made into a draggable choice like an item to be brought into the character. I have to say that I did invest $60 in both the adventure and monsters book and this seems like an obvious omission. I hope there’s a plan to bring this in because otherwise making the character would be a manual painstaking process. I buy these digital versions so that this character creation is more automated.
    If I missed something and there is indeed some way to do what I’m saying then please let me know.
    Enjoying LEVEL UP except of course for this so far.
    Watch the videos in the first post

Everything that is a choice (not just combat manoeuvres, but fighting styles, class features etc etc) are either in feats or they are zero level abilities which are linked to the abilities themselves. So for Combat manoeuvres click on Feats in the right hand bar and then use the filters to filter the degree/tradition that you want and then drag that into the abilities tab. For soldiering Knacks either open the ability in the abilities tab and then drag the links of your choice into the abilities tab or use the 'Type' filter in feats to filter Soldiering Knacks.

Great. Thanks.

I never thought to check "FEATS" because I wasn't looking for feats. This is not intuitive. However, I was sure I could get the answer here and I did.
    Designers seem to rely on the user technical ability/intuition. In this case, the solution, in my opinion, would have to be accidental discovery, or, hit the forum.
    I will remember this for future confusions.
    Thanks so much again.

This forum rocks.

DEVs may consider changing the FEATS button to "Feats and Abilities" when needed.
    Last edited by gamemasterbob; March 4th, 2022 at 21:23. Reason: Added comment regarding FEATS button

Quote Originally Posted by gamemasterbob View Post
    Great. Thanks.

I never thought to check "FEATS" because I wasn't looking for feats. This is not intuitive. However, I was sure I could get the answer here and I did.
    Designers seem to rely on the user technical ability/intuition. In this case, the solution, in my opinion, would have to be accidental discovery, or, hit the forum.
    I will remember this for future confusions.
    Thanks so much again.

This forum rocks.

DEVs may consider changing the FEATS button to "Feats and Abilities" when needed.
    How intuitive it is probably depends on the rulesets you have used. PF1 and PF2 use feats extensively for this kind of thing. But as noted above I made the videos specifically so that people could get an introduction into where everything is.

Edit: After reading many of the comments on this I have come to realize one major thing. Just watch the video.
    Last edited by Lasarion; March 7th, 2022 at 02:38. Reason: didn't add context post needed

Thread Information