5E Character Create Playlist
Page 12 of 25 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last
    If I can get a copy of the logs, I can attempt to help. I didn't write the 5E Level Up extension; but the 5E ruleset has been going through some changes in preparation for a Wizard of the Coast release next month.

Regards,
    JPG

Also, I just pushed a hot fix for an issue with calculating AC in this extension for this product; so you might try running a new Check for Updates, and see if that fixes your issue. I'm not the DLC developer, but I wanted to try to get a fix out faster.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the report Valdorin. I will see what this looks like for me. If you can copy the console error message and post it here, that will also help.

Hi Leozelig,

the Level Up 5E extension OR the advanced effects for 5E seems to produce an error when both are loaded in the same campaign. Opening any one feat record entry of the LU Player´s Guide or the D&D Player´s Guide creates following errors:

[7/17/2022 9:18:48 PM] [WARNING] window: Unable to locate control (text) specified in insertbefore attribute for control (advanced_effects_contents) in windowclass (reference_feat)
    [7/17/2022 9:18:48 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "reference_feat"]:6: attempt to index global 'text' (a nil value).

When the level up 5e extension is disabled all record entries open as expected, both from the level up Player´s Guide and the D&D Player´s Guide as well. The same happens when the advanced effects extension is disabled and the Level Up Extension is loaded.

I will also contact celestian and inform him about this issue.

Thanks in advance

@Moon Wizard
    Since the hot fix you did I can not reproduce the error. Tested several things trying to. Seems to be fixed now since the patch.

Nevermind that. Found a new error when trying to level a character from 9 to 10. Tried posting the error log text but was denied. This is the last lines of it:

[7/17/2022 6:36:10 PM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (down) in control (button_chat_pcdesc) in class (ref_class_header)
    [7/17/2022 6:38:31 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "campaign/5e/scripts/power_action.lua"]:67: attempt to call field 'getPowerAbilityString' (a nil value)
    Last edited by Valdorin; July 18th, 2022 at 00:09.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the report TomtheBu. The latest 5E update seems to have stirred up some trouble for the extension. I haven’t had much time to work on it lately, but I’ll see what I can do.

@TomtheBhu,

There is no advanced_effects_contents defined in the 5E ruleset, nor in the base Level Up extension; and this wasn't changed recently.

It appears that this is a different extension that is not compatible with the Level Up extension; and you'll have to reach out to the extension developer for that extension (probably something named Advanced Effects?).

Regards,
    JPG

@Valdorin,

Neither the 5E ruleset nor the Level Up extension have a definition for "getPowerAbilityString".

So, this is also probably caused by another extension. Try disabling all other extensions except for Level Up on the campaign, and try again.

Also, you may want to check your FG data folder to remove any extra folders in the rulesets/extensions folder that would override 5E ruleset or Level Up extension as well.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @TomtheBhu,

There is no advanced_effects_contents defined in the 5E ruleset, nor in the base Level Up extension; and this wasn't changed recently.

It appears that this is a different extension that is not compatible with the Level Up extension; and you'll have to reach out to the extension developer for that extension (probably something named Advanced Effects?).

Regards,
    JPG
    Hi Moon Wizard, thank you very much. I informed Celestian - the author of 5E Advanced Effects - about the issue.
    Last edited by TomtheBu; July 18th, 2022 at 21:28.

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    Thanks for the report TomtheBu. The latest 5E update seems to have stirred up some trouble for the extension. I haven’t had much time to work on it lately, but I’ll see what I can do.
    Thank you very much @Leozelig.

It seems to be a problem in the 5E Advanced Effects Extension. Maybe Celestian can find a way to fix it

Thread Information