DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 10 of 24 First ... 8910111220 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    I was just looking at the script for 5E skill checks, and it looks like it applies ability check bonuses to skill checks that use the same ability. That makes me think that TomtheBu is right about fatigue and strife applying to those as well. I can add this to the next update if there are no objections.

I think this is correct; I don't think A5e changes that rule - it's worded similarly to the 5e rule, so I think the intention is that it should affect skill checks based on the ability score affected.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

My understanding was that EN Publishing licensed SmiteWorks to create the A5E extension and modules. Are there any plans to bring Memories of Holdenshire adventure or any of the Gate Pass Gazette material to FGU?

The adventure was done some time ago and if I understand correctly it will be released later this month. I don't know about anything else; everything I got from EN Publishing has been developed.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Just as a small bug, I noticed to today that skills are no longer referencing from the character sheets. Selecting Culture or Engineering spits out the chat error:

Unable to open window using wildcard link, because no module containing that link is open. Check your active Library modules.
    I double-checked that I didn't accidentally unload it & even started a new table just in case to confirm. It seems to cause the same error with other skills unless I have to core PHB loaded, in which case it simply references the PHB entry.

Ah, yeah. I forgot to paste the skills back in after the last update. I'll get that fixed.

i didn't see it expressly confirmed, but can the Level Up/a5e Monstrous Menagerie be used in base 5e campaigns without purchasing the a5e Adventurer's Guide also? Does it require any other extensions outside of the base 5e ones?

i'm not referring to any balance/new mechanics aspect of the differences between a5e and base 5e as i'm already aware of those, just wondering if things from there can be used in an existing 5e campaign encounter as another monster book similar to Tome of Beasts etc and if all the basic skills/attacks/spells/etc will function correctly.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bartley View Post
    i didn't see it expressly confirmed, but can the Level Up/a5e Monstrous Menagerie be used in base 5e campaigns without purchasing the a5e Adventurer's Guide also? Does it require any other extensions outside of the base 5e ones?

i'm not referring to any balance/new mechanics aspect of the differences between a5e and base 5e as i'm already aware of those, just wondering if things from there can be used in an existing 5e campaign encounter as another monster book similar to Tome of Beasts etc and if all the basic skills/attacks/spells/etc will function correctly.
    Hi 1bartley,

Good question. Each A5E product should come with the Level Up extension, so you don’t need to purchase the Adventurer’s Guide.

The A5E monsters have a couple extra fields, but I think they are fine for a 5E game. PCs are a different story - the fields and mechanics don’t play nearly as well together. I don’t recall if the A5E modules are visible without the extension running, but you can always pull the A5E monsters into your campaign with the extension running and then disable it to run your 5E game. The extension will change the char sheets to A5E, which of course you don’t want if you’re only using the monsters.

As leozelig says, essentially yes. You don't need any other of the Advanced 5e stuff and you don't need the extension to use the monsters. The only thing I remember in the monsters that won't work without the extension is the extra dice some have for their skill rolls. But without the extension those extra dice are just ignored.

Having an issue that started last night and only happens with the extension enabled.

Any time I add an NPC to the combat tracker, the size of the NPC is increased to 20. So when I place them on the map, they take up a 4x4 square instead of a single square. Happens with custom NPCs, LevelUp Monster Menagerie NPCs, 5E Monster Manual NPCs, etc. Gets a bit tiresome needing to readjust the size of every NPC whenever I add them to the combat tracker and it breaks set-up encounters.

Anyone else having this issue or is just a me problem? What can I do to fix this?

Thread Information